|Yami Gautam Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 28, 1988|
Yami Gautam is an Indian actress known for appearing in various Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Punjabi, Kannada, and Malayalam films. She has portrayed different roles in films like Vicky Donor, Total Siyappa, Action Jackson, and Kaabil. She has also appeared in various TV commercials for brands like Fair & Lovely, Cornetto, Samsung Mobile, and Chevrolet. Yami has a huge social media following with more than 7 million followers on Instagram, more than 3 million followers on Twitter, and more than 10 million followers on Facebook.
Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Yami completed her schooling and later got enrolled at the Punjab University for a course in law. She began acting and then decided to move to Mumbai and quit her studies to pursue and focus on her acting career.
- Father – Mukesh Gautam (Director and Vice President of the PTC Punjabi Network)
- Mother – Anjali Gautam
- Siblings – Surilie Gautam (Younger Sister) (Actress), Ojas Gautam (Younger Brother)
- Others – Jasraj Singh Bhatti (Brother-in-law)
5 ft 3.5 in or 161 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Yami has dated –
- Pulkit Samrat (2015-Present) – Actor Pulkit Samrat met Yami while shooting for the film Sanam Re in 2015. The two hit it off instantly and rumors of their romance spread like wildfire. Pulkit, who was married to Shweta, filed for divorce. Shweta went on to reveal that Yami was the cause for their marriage to end. There were rumors of Pulkit shifting his residence from Delhi to Mumbai to live with Yami.
Race / Ethnicity
Yami has Pahari ancestry on her mother’s side and Punjabi ancestry on her father’s side.
- Her clear complexion
- Her smile
Yami has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Fair & Lovely
- Samsung Mobile
- Livin Blinds
- P.C. Chandra Jewellers
- SF Express
- Amazon Fashion
Best Known For
Her versatile work as an actress in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Punjabi, Kannada, and Malayalam films.
Yami made her theatrical film debut in the Kannada film, Ullasa Uthsaha in 2010.
She made her Bollywood debut with Vicky Donor in 2012.
First TV Show
Yami made her television show debut as Princess Bhairavi in the mythological series Raajkumar Aaryyan in 2008.
Yami is a big advocate of hydrotherapy and consumes a lot of water. She jogs for 20 minutes every day and alternates between yoga and hot yoga for 90 minutes. She is all-natural and believes in the use of organic products.
Apart from her well-maintained figure, she also adapts a well-balanced diet. Below is what her diet usually consists of –
- Breakfast – Fresh pomegranate juice, egg-white sandwich, a banana shake, and almonds
- Post-Morning Snack – Fruit
- Lunch – Dal, Vegetables or Chicken curry with Chapati, Curd, and Cucumber salad
- Evening Snack – Brown-bread Sandwich or homemade Bhel
- Dinner – Grilled fish
Yami Gautam Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Reading, Interior Decoration, Listening to music
- Designers – Rocky S, Sabyasachi, and Masaba
- Holiday Destinations – London, New York
- Actor – Amitabh Bachchan
- Actress – Madhuri Dixit
- Fashion Icon – Tyra Banks
- Fragrance – Forever and Ever Dior
- Lipstick Brand – MAC, L’Oréal
- Mascara – Maybelline Volum’ Express Mascara
- Compact – Chanel, Bobbi Brown
Source – Vogue India, Masala, Fashionably Foody, The Health Site
Yami Gautam Facts
- She was brought up in Chandigarh.
- She moved to Chandigarh from Himachal Pradesh, as a child, so that she and her parents could manage an underprivileged school started by her grandfather.
- Yami shifted base to Mumbai to pursue her passion for acting at the age of 20.
- She is family friends with actor Ayushmann Khurrana.
- She was an IAS officer aspirant and had even qualified the entrance exam.
- Yami considers herself to be an introvert.
- She is fond of eating Rajma Chawal and South Indian food.
- She had her first crush on Hollywood actor Ben Affleck.
- Yami is fond of cooking and is a self-confessed foodie.
- Her best friends are Sukhmani and Garki, who have been friends with her since school.
- She considered Madhubala, Waheeda Rehman, and Nafisa Ali to be her idols growing up.
- Her go-to beauty product for eye makeup is Kohl’s pencil.
- She uses a refrigerated tea bag or cucumber slices to remove the puffiness from her eyes.
- She can read and write in Punjabi which she learned from her neighbor.
- Follow Yami on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0