|Young Scooter Quick Info
|5 ft 11 in
|Date of Birth
|March 28, 1986
Young Scooter is an American rapper, songwriter, and founder-CEO of the record label Black Migo Gang. He came in the spotlight after releasing a series of acclaimed mixtapes in 2011 and 2012, and his freestyle type of rapping was widely appreciated. Since then, he has collaborated with artists such as Gucci Mane, Future, Waka Flocka Flame, and Chief Keef.
Kenneth Edward Bailey
Walterboro, South Carolina, United States
Kirkwood, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Young Scooter is a high school graduate.
He is represented by –
- Ebonie Ward, Booking Agent, Emagen Entertainment Group, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Shaun Wilkey, General Manager, BMG, New York, United States
Hip Hop, Rap
- 1017 Records
- Black Migo Gang
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Afro hairstyle
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Wears multiple lockets
- Wears a bracelet on his right wrist
- Torso covered in tattoos
Young Scooter Favorite Things
Young Scooter Facts
- He was born in Walterboro, South Carolina but his family moved to Atlanta, Georgia when he was 9 years old. He is a childhood friend of fellow Atlanta rapper, Future.
- As a youngster, he was often involved with problematic kids in his community and got involved in shady stuff like drug dealing. In 2008, Young Scooter was charged with drug trafficking and that is when he decided to mend his path and begin a career in music.
- His 2nd mixtape, Finessin and Flexin’ (2012), started to get him noticed in the rap circles. He released 2 more mixtapes in the same year, Married to the Streets and Voice of the Streetz, and collaborated with already established artists like Rocko, DJ Spinz, Gucci Mane, and Alley Boy.
- Young Scooter’s breakthrough as an artist came in January 2013 with the release of the mixtape titled Street Lottery. It was certified ‘Gold’ by the online mixtape distribution platform DatPiff after it achieved more than 100k downloads on the platform.
- The song Colombia from the mixtape Street Lottery became a huge hit in Young Scooter’s hometown of Atlanta. It even got its music video made and released and the song became even more popular. It was also covered by the globally recognized rapper Lil Wayne.
- On April 8, 2013, Young Scooter was stopped at a traffic signal in DeKalb County, Georgia, and arrested for probation violation. He spent 6 months in jail and shared a cell with his frequent collaborator and fellow rapper Gucci Mane. Incidentally, Gucci Mane was also arrested for probation violation and just 4 days after Young Scooter’s arrest.
- He was released from jail in October 2013 and by March 2015, he was released off probation and set completely free.
- Young Scooter is reputed for his freestyle rapping and he rarely relies on written compositions. In an interview, he defined his musical style as ‘count music’ because he always sings about making money. He also explained that spending too much time writing down the lyrics often muddled up his songs and he took to freestyle rapping.
- He has also revealed that famous hip-hop artists Jay-Z, 50 Cent, and Diddy have been the greatest influences on his career.
- When he was founding his record label, Young Scooter chose to name it Black Migos Gang. It was named after one of the gangs that operated in the neighborhood that he grew up in.
Featured Image by Young Scooter / Instagram