|Yusaku Maezawa Quick Info
|5 ft 7 in
|Date of Birth
|November 22, 1975
Yusaku Maezawa is a Japanese entrepreneur and former musician who is widely recognized for founding the clothing and retail organization named Start Today, in 1998. The organization launched an online fashion retail portal called Zozotown which became Japan’s largest such portal by 2004. In 2018, he launched a custom-fit clothing brand called ZOZO and an at-home wearable measurement system called the ZOZOSUIT. Yusaku is also an art connoisseur and founded the Tokyo-based Contemporary Art Foundation, in 2012, to support young artists.
Kamagaya, Chiba Prefecture, Japan
Chiba Prefecture, Japan
Yusaku graduated from the Waseda Jitsugyo High School.
Entrepreneur, Former Musician
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Yusaku has 3 children from a spouse that he has divorced and whose details have not been publicly revealed.
Race / Ethnicity
- Short Stature
- Short-cropped hair
- Sports a thin mustache
- Affable smile
- Has a mole on his neck
Yusaku Maezawa Facts
- In 1991, Yusaku started a music band with his classmates which was named Switch Style. Yusaku was the band’s drummer and they released their first EP in 1993.
- The band even signed a contract with BMG Japan in 1998 but by 2001 he had taken a hiatus from his musical career to focus on his burgeoning business.
- He decided to forego college education and moved to the United States for a while, where he would collect CDs and vinyl records of his favorite artists. Upon returning to Japan in 1995, he founded a company that imported albums and CDs and sold them in Japan by mail.
- The same mail-order business model became the foundation on which the organization Start Today was founded in 1998.
- In September 2018, it was announced that Yusaku would be the 1st commercial passenger to attempt a flyby around the Moon, onboard a SpaceX Starship which is scheduled for launch after 2023.
- On January 1, 2020, a tweet of his set a world record for being the ‘Most Retweeted Tweet’ with more than 4.1 million retweets. He broke that record 4 days later with another tweet that was retweeted more than 4.3 million times.
- In December 2022, Yusaku announced 8 people who would join him as crew members during their trip around Moon on a SpaceX rocket. These 8 people included Indian actor Dev Joshi, American DJ Steve Aoki, American YouTuber Tim Dodd, Irish photographer Rhiannon Adam, and others.
Featured Image by Yusaku Maezawa / Instagram