|Zach McGowan Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 5, 1980|
Zach McGowan is an American actor and voice-over artist who gained recognition after playing lead roles in popular TV shows including Black Sails (2014–2017), The 100 (2016–2017), and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2017–2018). He has appeared in hit movies such as The Hunt for Eagle One (2006) and Terminator Salvation (2009) and has done voice-over work for the Scream Awards, Animal Planet, and several video games including Iron Man (2008), Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (2012), and Resident Evil 6 (2012).
Zachary Brendan McGowan
New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
He went to Ethical Culture Fieldston School from kindergarten through senior year in high school. He then enrolled in Carleton College.
Actor, Voice-over Artist
- Father – Vincent McGowan (Officer of the United States Marine Corps.)
- Mother – Brenda McGowan (Staff of the United Airlines)
- Siblings – Doug McGowan (Older Brother), Matt McGowan (Older Brother)
He is represented by Danis, Panaro & Nist and Primary Wave Entertainment.
6 ft or 183 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Emily Johnson (2008-Present) – He tied the knot with Emily Johnson on September 27, 2008, in the Santa Barbara mountains. They have twins named Vinny McGowan and Josie McGowan.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish and Russian descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Sharp prominent nose
- Thick bushy eyebrows
Zach McGowan Favorite Things
- Role He Has Played – Charles Vane in Black Sails
- Role From A TV Show That He Would Love To Play – Rust Cohle from True Detective
- Movie Genre – Action especially car movies and car-chase movies
- Movie – The Rock
- First Car He Drove And Owned – 2001 Mustang V6
- Car He Owned Later And Cherishes – Land Rover
- Fan Of – Harley Davidson motorcycle
- Item He Has Kept From The Set Of His TV Shows – His sword from Black Sails which he has displayed above the fireplace at his home
Zach McGowan Facts
- He was brought up in New York City where he began acting at a tender age in school productions. His passion for the stage continued through his high school and college years and he finally got to work on the New York City stage from 2003 where he was able to cultivate his skills in a number of off-Broadway productions.
- Although they resided in New York City for the most part of their lives, the McGowans traveled frequently and to numerous places because of his mother’s work.
- At his school, he was the captain of the football and ice hockey teams and he was also a member of the drama and theater societies.
- In January 2014, he began to work for the TV show on the Starz channel named Black Sails playing a fabricated version of the real-life British pirate of the 18th-century called Charles Vane. An English actor was required for the role and so McGowan spoke with a British accent. The casting directors, later on, came to know of McGowan’s faking but they were so impressed with his performance that they selected him for the part.
- He has lent his voice for many advertisements, video games, and animation projects.
- Zach has been a member of SAG as well as AFTRA.
- He is extremely conscious of fitness and even shared his exercise schedule with his fans. In 2015, for Black Sails, his routine included 400 pull-ups, 100 push-ups each in 2 sets, 25 handstand pushups, and 50 inverted sit-ups, and running for a minimum of 13 miles for 5 days a week.
Featured Image by Zach McGowan / Instagram