|Dave Haywood Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 5, 1982|
Dave Haywood is an American songwriter and musician who is best known for his contribution to the country music trio, Lady Antebellum (later changed to Lady A). Dave is a multi-instrumentalist and plays the guitar, piano, and the mandolin for the band.
David Wesley Haywood
Augusta, Georgia, United States
In 2012, Dave bought a 4 bedroom house located in Nashville, Tennessee for $2.1 million.
Dave studied at Riverside Middle School in Evans, Georgia. He later got enrolled at Lakeside High School where he completed his schooling in 2002. Then, in 2004, he graduated from the University of Georgia.
- Father – Van Haywood (Dentist)
- Mother – Angie Haywood (Teacher)
- Siblings – Michael Haywood (Brother), Lisa Haywood (Sister)
As a member of the music trio Lady A, he is represented by Red Light Management.
Country, Country Pop
Guitar, Vocals, Piano, Mandolin, Bouzouki, Ukelele, Banjo
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dave has dated –
- Kelli Cashiola (2011-Present) – Kelli Cashiola, who began working as the Director of Strategic Marketing and Business Development at the Starstruck Management Group in 2013, met Dave more than 5 years prior to when they started dating in early 2011. The two remained friends for several years before finally getting engaged on December 19, 2011. Three months after they got engaged, the couple tied the knot on April 14, 2012, in Nashville, Tennessee and welcomed their first child, a boy named Cash Van Haywood, on September 7, 2014. Later, they had their 2nd child, a girl named Lillie Renee Haywood, on December 22, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
- Medium stubble
- Towering height
- Messy hair
He was born and brought up in a Christian family.
Best Known For
- Being one of the founding members, multi-instrumentalist, and backup singer of the country group Lady A since 2006, alongside his close friends Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott
- Co-writing several hit songs such as Luke Bryan‘s 2009 single Do I and Miranda Lambert‘s Love Song from the album Revolution which was released in September 2009
As a member of the country band Lady Antebellum (later changed to Lady A), their first album, Lady Antebellum, was released on April 15, 2008. It consisted of 11 tracks along with a bonus track titled Emily. The album was released via Capitol Records Nashville.
As a solo artist, Dave released his self-titled debut album, Dave Haywood, in 2014. It consisted of 11 tracks including Tease Me, 1000 Miles, Another Day, Tear Myself Away, Day Dream, and No One To Blame But Myself.
First TV Show
Dave made his debut TV show appearance on CMT Insider in September 2008.
Dave keeps himself fit and healthy by working out whenever he finds the time. He has also been seen backstage performing weighted squats.
Dave Haywood Favorite Things
- Guitar – 1930 Gibson L-00
- Song – It’s Not Just Me (2000) by Rascal Flatts
- Country Artists – Merle Haggard, Dolly Parton, Alan Jackson, Alabama, Vince Gill
- Alternative Guitar Tuning – DADGAD
Source – TVOM, Billboard.com, Gibson
Dave Haywood Facts
- He was born in Augusta, Georgia, but he grew up in Chapel Hill, North Carolina and then moved back to Augusta in 1993 where he spent the rest of his teenage years.
- Dave learned to play the piano from his mother and the guitar from his father.
- He comes from a family of musicians.
- His father who is a dentist and dental instructor invented the dental night guard teeth-whitening method.
- While in high school, Dave served as the president of the Trinity-on-the-Hill United Methodist Church’s youth choir.
- He and his bandmate Charles Kelley studied in the same school. However, it wasn’t until Dave completed college that they began to write music together.
- In 2006, Dave quit his job as an account at Protiviti, Inc. in Atlanta and moved to Nashville, Tennessee in order to help his best friend Charles build a musical career.
- The group has been nicknamed Lady A.
- In 2006, he, along with his best friend Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott, formed the group Lady Antebellum.
- His biggest influence in music was is the Eagles and The Allman Brothers Band.
- He is a huge fan of the country trio Rascal Flatts.
Featured Image by Alananorris / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0