|Zack Snyder Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 1, 1966|
Zack Snyder is an American filmmaker who is best known for directing several comic book and superhero films such as 300 (2006), Watchmen (2009), Man of Steel (2013), Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), and Justice League (Director’s cut) (2021). His other notable directorial ventures include Dawn of the Dead (2004), Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole (2010), and Sucker Punch (2011). He has co-written the scripts for some of these films as well as for the superhero film Wonder Woman (2017). He has also produced/executive produced films such as 300: Rise of an Empire (2014), Wonder Woman 1984 (2020), and Army of the Dead (2021). Zack is renowned for the unique visual styling of his films that includes a signature use of dynamic compositions, highly-saturated color schemes, slow-motion shots, brutal fight scenes, and religious symbolism. He had established a production company called Cruel and Unusual Films in 2004 which later came to be known as The Stone Quarry.
Zachary Edward Snyder
Zack, The Wizard
Green Bay, Brown County, Wisconsin, United States
Pasadena, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Zack had attended the Daycroft School, a co-educational private boarding school in Darien, Connecticut. He had studied painting for a year, after his high school graduation, at the Heatherley School of Fine Art in England. He had later joined the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California.
- Father – Charles Edward ‘Ed’ Snyder (Executive Recruiter)
- Mother – Marsha Manley (née Reeves) (Painter, Photography Teacher) (d. 2010)
- Siblings – Audrey Snyder (Older Sister)
- Others – Henry L. Snyder (Paternal Grandfather), Harriett Weidner (Paternal Grandmother), Edgar Earl Reeves (Maternal Grandfather), Helen Danforth Manley (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Zack has dated –
- Denise Weber – Zack, through his past marriage with Denise Weber, has 2 children – a daughter named Olivia Snyder and a son named Eli Snyder (Actor). They had also adopted 2 girls named Willow Snyder and Autumn Snyder (d. March 20, 2017).
- Kirsten Elin – Zack, through his past relationship with line producer Kirsten Elin, has 2 sons named Ezekiel Snyder and Jett Snyder.
- Deborah Johnson (2002-Present) – He began dating film producer Deborah Johnson in 2002 and they got married on September 25, 2004, at the St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church in Manhattan, New York. They have adopted a girl named Sage Snyder and a boy named Cash Snyder.
Race / Ethnicity
He is primarily of German and English descent.
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Has tattoos on both his forearms
- Often sports a rugged beard
Zack Snyder Facts
- Zack’s mother was a photography teacher at Daycroft School, a boarding school which he had attended.
- He had to leave the work on the filming of the comic book-based superhero film Justice League due to his daughter Autumn’s suicide in March 2017. This resulted in the studio removing his original version from the theatrical release. As fans were unhappy, a campaign called ReleaseTheSnyderCut was launched. His version of the film eventually received a 2021 release.
- He had turned down an offer to direct the action crime thriller S.W.A.T. (2003) because the makers did not accept it being made as an R-rated film.
Featured Image by Zack Snyder / Twitter