|Zoe Williams Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 3, 1980|
Zoe Williams is an English television personality, physician, health educator, and sportsperson who shot to fame after appearing as the character Amazon in the TV series Gladiators (2009). She went on to get featured in several other television programs including the BBC Two documentary Trust Me, I’m a Doctor (2016-2020) where she had discussed all subjects relating to health and lifestyle. Williams has practiced as an NHS general practitioner in London. She has also played rugby, having participated with the Blaydon Women‘s Rugby Football Club in the Premiership National League level in the past. Zoe has garnered more than 108k followers on Instagram.
Burnley, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
In 2001 she enrolled at Newcastle University to study medicine, earning her Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree after passing the course with merit. She graduated from medical school in 2007.
Zoe gained experience in various specialist fields within medicine like A&E, Cardiology, Respiratory and Acute Medicine, Surgery, and Gynaecology.
Television Personality, Physician, Health Educator, Sportsperson
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- James Crossley
- Stuart McKay – She has been in a relationship with Stuart McKay. They welcomed a son together named Lisbon (b. May 31, 2021).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Grenadian descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Towering physical appearance
- Afro hairstyle
- Expressive eyes
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Elastoplast.
Zoe Williams Favorite Things
- Breakfast – Poached eggs with avocado and sourdough
Source – The Sun
Zoe Williams Facts
- She was brought up in the north of England, in Lancashire.
- Williams developed a passion for competitive sport from her childhood. While she was at school, she used to play hockey and netball at the county level. Her love of team sports continued when she attended Newcastle University, and she joined a rugby team. She has been an ardent fan of the sport and has represented Northumberland at rugby union.
- In 2009, she founded the organization named Sportsgirls, which has aimed to increase the physical activity of teenage girls by educating and encouraging them to be healthier and more active. In 2013, workshops were developed for boys as well and the group got renamed as Fit4Life.
- Williams has remembered that as a kid growing up in the 1990s, she used to watch the original Gladiators, and getting the opportunity to be one was one of the most incredible feeling she has ever had. Zoe has recalled that she was an F2 doctor when she had applied to be a contestant on Gladiators, which had led to the invitation to join the cast of the program. She was the “green Gladiator” and became the face of Sky’s green campaign along with being an ambassador for environmentally friendly lifestyle choices.
- Her one-year break from medicine was like a whirlwind, but she had the most fun with the camera, lights, and costumes when shooting for Gladiators. Zoe has added that spending the months with the team of the show, and getting to know them as well as their stories had taught her about the huge impact physical activity can have on the life of a person, that included the emotional and psychological benefits too.
Featured Image by Dr Zoe Williams / Instagram