Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll
Shakira is currently 37 according to her birth date February 2, 1977
Shakira went La Ensenanza School, Barranquilla
Colombian Latin Pop and Rock Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Model, Choreographer and Record Producer
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
57 kg or 125 pounds
- Antonio de la Rúa (2000-2011) - In 2000, Shakira started dating Antonio (is a Lawyer and Oldest son of former Argentine President Fernando De la Rúa) and this relationship went long for 11 years. Antonio proposed Shakira in March, 2001 and they started living together as married couples. But, this relationship also saw an end on August 2010. This separation was told by Shakira on January 10, 2011.
- Gerard Pique (2011-Present) - On March 29, 2011 Shakira told about her new boyfriend via Twitter, who is a Spanish footballer and plays at centre back for FC Barcelona. On January 22, 2013, Shakira gave birth to a baby boy, named Milan Piqué Mebarak in Barcelona, Spain where they live.
32-24-37 in or 81-61-94 cm
Reebok (2002), Panasonic (2007), Crest (2013), Oral B (2013)
Best Known For
Her dancing hips, belly dancing and 2000s hit “Hips Don’t Lie”
Magia was released on June 24, 1991 but recorded in 1990 (When, she was 13 years old) with Sony Music Colombia.
1996 film El Oasis for her role as Luisa Maria
Shakira Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Pancakes with Jam
- Favorite TV Programs – Scrubs (2001-2010), It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (2005)
- Favorite Animal – Horse
- Favorite Band – U2, The Police
- Favorite Latin Band – Soda Stereo
- Favorite Music Type – Merengue
- Favorite Actor - Hugh Grant
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Flowers – Daisy and Sunflower
- Favorite Sport – Skateboarding and Frisbee
- Favorite Author - Oriana Falacci
- Favorite Book – The Prophet (Khalil Gibran)
- Favorite Perfume – Issey Miyake Parfumes
- Favorite Sweets – Chocolate balls
- Favorite Fruit – Mango
- Favorite Song - With or Without You (U2)
- Shakira knows native Spanish, fluent English and Portuguese and some Italian, French, Catalan and Arabic.
- Shakira likes to paint fried eggs, watch horror movies and collect rings but hates alcohol, coffee, candy and even jewellery.
- Shakira is a cousin of model and 2005–2006 Miss Colombia, Valerie Domínguez.
- Shakira had begun her own beauty line “S by Shakira” with parent company Puig in 2010.
- Shakira is a philanthropist too. In 1995, she founded “Pies Descalzos Foundation”, which is a charity with special schools for poor Colombian children.
- Shakira likes history very much and learns the history and language of the countries, she visits.
- Shakira, in Arabic means, grateful or full of grace.
- Mattel has made many Barbie Dolls based on Shakira’s look.
- John Lennon’s music greatly influenced Shakira.
- She fired her beauty staff after deciding that she had become too obsessed with her appearance.
- She has 3 dogs, namely, Coquito, Chan and Gordita.