Seoul, South Korea
She has completed her high schooling via homeschooling and received her GED in August 2013. Minzy left the school after completing middle school to focus on her music career. She dropped out from school on July 16, 2009.
Singer, dancer, rapper
K-pop, R&B, pop, hip-hop
5 ft 3¾ in or 162 cm
49 kg or 108 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has not dated anyone from a long time. She once gave a chocolate box to a guy on Valentine’s day, when she was in school.
Now, Gong Minji states that she would like a boyfriend just like Usher, who can take complete care of his body.
Race / Ethnicity
Her natural hair color is considered to be brown.
- Changes hair color frequently.
- Rarely dates like other members of 2NE1.
32-24-32 in or 81-61-81 cm
The band 2NE1 has endorsed Shinsegae (first departmental store in Korea), Chrome Hearts (Clothing and Jewelry), Yamaha Fiore.
Best Known For
Being a vocalist and rapper of the South Korean girl group, 2NE1. The band is noted for its mixed and diversified music style. They sing and release songs of hip-hop, reggae, pop and other styles.
The girl group released their first album titled To Anyone on September 9, 2010, by YG Entertainment. This pop album is just more than 41 minutes long.
Minzy had a cameo appearance in the 2009 South Korean comedy film Girlfriends. Her role is uncredited.
First TV Show
She had her debut television appearance on 2NE1 TV on Mnet in 2009.
Minzy also had guest appearances or cameo roles in the TV shows like Running Man (in 2013 in episode number 156), Strong Heart (in 2012 in episode 123), Style (in 2009).
Master Hwang is the exclusive trainer for YG Entertainment. Minzy workouts in the gym. Her exact workout schedule is not known.
- She is the youngest member of South Korean girl group, 2NE1. Minzy is almost 10 years younger than Park Bom, who is the oldest member of 2NE1.
- She is the vocalist and rapper for the girl group 2NE1.
- She is good friends with f(x)‘s Amber, Luna, Psy, IU, Goo Hara, Kumi Koda and many others.
- She is the granddaughter of the legendary South Korean folk dancer, Gong Okjin, who passed away in July 2012.
- She was discovered by YG Entertainment through a video, which she posted online, revealing her dance steps.
- She is the favorite junior of Big Bang’s G-Dragon.