|Adil Rami Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||December 27, 1985|
Adil Rami is a French professional soccer player who has represented, as a defender, ÉFC Fréjus Saint-Raphaël (2003-2006), Lille OSC (2006-2011), Olympique de Marseille (2017-2019), and ES Troyes AC (2021-Present) in France; Valencia CF (2011-2014) and Sevilla FC (2015-2017) in Spain; A.C. Milan (2014-2015) in Italy; Fenerbahçe S.K. (2019-2020) in Turkey; PFC Sochi (2020) in Russia; and Boavista F.C. (2020-2021) in Portugal. In 2014, he also spent a brief loan spell with A.C. Milan. At the international level, Adil represented France, making his senior national debut in August 2010. He was a part of the French squad that won the 2018 edition of the FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) World Cup. It was France’s 2nd such title – after 1998. Adil was France’s only unused outfield player in that tournament and announced his retirement from the national team at the end of the tournament even though he continued to ply his trade on the club circuit. The only goal of his senior-level international career for France arrived in May 2012 – the decisive goal in a 3-2 victory over Iceland in a friendly match.
Bastia, Haute-Corse, Corsica, France
Cannes, Alpes-Maritimes, Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, France
Professional Soccer Player
- Mother – His mother used to work as a civil administrator.
- Siblings – Nadia (Sister). He has 1 other sister and a brother.
- 4, 21, 5, 17 – France
- 23 – Lille OSC
- 4 – Valencia CF
- 13 – A.C. Milan
- 3, 23 – Sevilla FC
- 23 – Olympique de Marseille
- 34 – Fenerbahçe S.K.
- 3 – Boavista F.C.
- 23, 5, 4 – ES Troyes AC
Adil Rami’s net worth had been $14 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Adil has dated –
- Chloe Sims
- Sidonie Biémont (2011-2017) – Adil began dating former model Sidonie Biémont in 2011. The couple has a pair of twin sons – Zayn and Madi (b. 2016). Adil and Sidonie parted ways in June 2017.
- Pamela Anderson (2017-2019) – He started dating Canadian-American actress, model, and media personality Pamela Anderson in February 2017. By November 2018, they were living together in a mansion near Marseille, on the French Riviera (the Mediterranean coastline of the southeast corner of France). In June 2019, Pamela accused Adil of domestic abuse in an Instagram post and ended their relationship.
- Chanelle Mauricette (2020) – Rumor
- Léna Guillou (2022)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Moroccan descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Has 2 cut marks on his right eyebrow
Adil Rami Facts
- Born to Moroccan parents in the city of Bastia on Corsica (an island in the Mediterranean Sea and one of the 18 regions of France), Adil moved to the mainland of France with his family a few years later and they settled in the southern coastal city of Fréjus.
- There, he started his youth career in 1994 when, as a 9-year-old, he joined the youth team of a local club called ÉFC Fréjus Saint-Raphaël. His senior career began in 2003 when he was promoted to the club’s senior team.
- In the latter half of his youth career, Adil used to work for the city council (his mother was a member) of Fréjus and his jobs included being involved in the maintenance and cleanliness of the city.
- With Lille OSC, he completed the domestic double of winning the Ligue 1 (the top division of the French soccer league system) title and the Coupe de France (the premier domestic knockout soccer competition in France) in the 2010-11 season. The former title was the club’s 3rd such and made it the then 9th-most successful team in the competition while the latter title was the club’s 6th such and made it the then 4th-most successful team in the competition.
- The latter title was also the club’s first domestic trophy since their Coupe de France win in 1955. For his performances in the 2010-11 season, Adil was included in the ‘UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Season’. UNFP (Union Nationale des Footballeurs Professionels) is the main trade union for professional soccer players in France.
- In September 2013, Spanish club Valencia CF temporarily suspended him from his contract after he gave an interview on a radio show where he openly criticized his teammates and coach. Adil was also fined €275,000 (€130,000 net) of his salary owed for the remainder of the season. At that time, it was the largest fine ever imposed on a player by Valencia CF.
- With Sevilla FC, he won the UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) Europa League (the 2nd-tier club competition in European soccer, ranking below the UEFA Champions League) title in the 2015-16 season. For his performances, Adil was included in the ‘UEFA Europa League Squad of the Season’.
- This was the club’s record-extending 5th such title and incredibly, this was their 5th appearance in the final of the tournament. In other words, they had won the title every time they had reached the final of the tournament – 2006, 2007, 2014, 2015, and 2016. The club continued this tradition in the 2019-20 season as well, winning the title for the 6th time in 6 appearances in the final. As of February 2023, no other club had won this title more than 3 times.
- Adil was a member of the French squad that finished as the runner-up of the 2016 UEFA European Championship (also known as the UEFA Euro), the quadrennial international men’s soccer championship of Europe.
- It was the country’s 3rd appearance in the final of the tournament after triumphant campaigns in 1984 and 2000. He played every minute of France’s group-stage matches and the pre-quarterfinal in the 2016 edition of the tournament. However, he did not play in France’s quarter-final, semi-final, and final matches.
- In 2018, Adil and the rest of the French squad (that won the 2018 FIFA World Cup) were honored with the ‘Knight of the Legion of Honour’, the 5th-highest recognition in ‘The National Order of the Legion of Honour’, the highest French order of merit, both military and civil.
- In August 2019, the French club Olympique de Marseille sacked him after he had missed a training session. Adil had claimed that he was suffering from an injury but it was later revealed that he had participated in the recording of an episode of a French TV game show (which involved tough physical stunts) on that very day.
Featured Image by Adil Rami / Instagram