|Aidan Turner Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||June 19, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Aidan Turner is an Irish actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Ross Poldark in Poldark, Ruairí McGowan in The Clinic, Kíli in The Hobbit, John Mitchell in Being Human, and Dante Gabriel Rossetti in Desperate Romantics. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Alarm, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, The Secret Scripture, The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot, Love Is Blind, The Tudors, Leonardo, And Then There Were None, and many more. His theatre credits include plays like Romeo and Juliet, Titus Andronicus, The Plough and the Stars, Suddenly Last Summer, and A Cry from Heaven. For his acting skills, Aidan has been honored with awards such as the Empire Award, Broadcasting Press Guild Award, and National Television Award.
Clondalkin, Dublin, Ireland
Aidan got his secondary school education from St Mac Dara’s Community College in Templeogue. He then got enrolled at the Firhouse Community College.
To polish his acting skills, he later got entry to the Gaiety School of Acting in Dublin from where he graduated in 2004.
- Father – Pat Turner (Electrician)
- Mother – Eileen Turner
- Siblings – Colin Turner
Aidan Turner is represented by Lisa Richards Agency.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aidan Turner has dated –
- India Whisker (2004) – Aidan Turner was reported to be in a relationship with actress India Whisker in 2004. They had grown close while studying at the Gaiety School of Acting.
- Charlene McKenna (2007-2009) – Turner started dating another actress, Charlene McKenna in 2007. After dating for a brief period, they moved in together in an apartment in Camden, North London, but decided to go separate ways in 2009.
- Lenora Crichlow (2009-2011) – Aidan started going out with British actress Lenora Crichlow in 2009. They had reportedly grown affectionate with each other while working in the TV series, Being Human, in which he was cast as a vampire and Lenora as a ghost. They made a number of public appearances together in the course of their relationship. The duo broke up in 2011, which led to him walking out of the TV series. In 2016, there were reports of them having gotten back together as they were spotted hanging out together at a party.
- Sarah Greene (2011-2015) – Aidan got in a relationship with an Irish actress Sarah Greene in 2011. By the end of 2014, he had hinted at moving to New York City so that he could spend more time with his girlfriend after having revealed he had to stay away from her for a long time while shooting for the Hobbit movie series. In early 2015, they had got engaged, but Sarah refuted these rumors. In November 2015, they had broken up amicably.
- Eleanor Tomlinson (2017) – Poldark co-stars Eleanor Tomlinson and Aidan started dating in the summer of 2017. The relationship seemed to have fizzled out with the passage of time. Overall, it was a rumor as they didn’t confirm it.
- Caitlin FitzGerald (2017-Present) – In 2017, Aidan met actress Caitlin FitzGerald on the set of The Man Who Killed Hitler & Then the Bigfoot in Massachusetts. They started dating soon after that. In August 2018, the couple had their first public appearance on the London film premiere of The Man Who Killed Hitler & Then the Bigfoot. They are still going strong.
Race / Ethnicity
- Curly hair
- Ripped physique
Early in his acting career, Aidan appeared in a TV commercial for the juice product, Fruice.
He also appeared in a TV advert for the eggs from the Irish food brand, Bord Bia.
He also voiced an LG TV commercial.
Best Known For
- Being cast as dwarf Kíli in the three-movie fantasy film series, The Hobbit (2012, 2013, 2014).
- Having played the role of Ross Poldark in the BBC TV series, Poldark, which was adapted from the novels of the same name written by Winston Graham.
- Portraying Luke Garroway in the action-adventure film, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013).
In 2007, Aidan appeared in the short film The Sound of People in the role of father.
Later in 2008, Aidan was seen in his first feature film appearance in the leading role in Irish suspense movie, Alarm.
First TV Show
In 2007, Aidan guest appeared in an episode of the historical fiction series, The Tudors.
Aidan got his body in perfect shape for his role in Poldark by increasing the frequency and intensity of his gym workouts. He got a tailor-made workout and followed it religiously for 6 weeks. He made sure that he was getting more cardio done along with quality core work to carve out washboard abs.
Aidan also followed a disciplined diet plan with a focus on eating lean meats and fresh vegetables. In fact, he was banned from eating Cornish pasty as his trainer believed it would spoil his six-pack.
Aidan Turner Facts
- After the completion of his secondary school education, he worked along with his father as an apprentice electrician.
- He decided to go for an acting career after he saw an advertising poster for Dublin’s Gaiety School of Acting.
- He likes tattoo art and has got a couple of tattoos on his upper arm, which include an inscription in Chinese script.
- While growing up, he used to indulge in a number of sports including badminton, squash, snooker, football, and tennis. He still tries to play his favorite sports in his free time.
- Aidan is also a good dancer and has taken training in ballroom and Latin dancing. He even represented Ireland in a competition.
- In 2016, Glamour Magazine UK declared him the Sexiest Man in the World after conducting an online poll.
- He is one of the few actors to have played the role of a vampire as well as a werewolf.
- He was afraid that he might lose out on being cast as dwarf Kili in the Hobbit movie series as he hadn’t read much of J.R.R. Tolkien’s work.
- The Hobbit director Peter Jackson initially wanted to cast Turner in the role of the elf as he believed Turner had elfin features.
- He is a big UFC and MMA fan.