|Akhil Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 2, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Nurmahal, Jalandhar, Punjab, India
Akhil had taken a non-medical stream while studying in 11th and 12th classes and managed to clear exams with 60%. He later got enrolled at the Apeejay College of Fine Arts and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in music. He also holds a masters and B. ed. degrees.
- Siblings – He has an older brother.
Pop, Romantic, Hip Hop, Bhangra
Speed Records, Crown Records
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Punjabi descent.
- Round face
Best Known For
The immense popularity of his single Khaab, which was released in 2016 and managed to grab more than 130 million views on YouTube.
As a Singer
Akhil’s first single to be played on TV channels was Supne. Before the release of Supne, he had created many singles, which he had posted on YouTube. However, these singles didn’t attract much attention.
Akhil Favorite Things
- Inspiration – Manmohan Waris
- Bollywood Song – Hasi Ban Gaye from Hamari Adhuri Kahani, Sanam Re from Sanam Re
- Bollywood Singer – Arijit Singh, Udit Narayan, Sonu Nigam
- Travel Destination – New Zealand
- He started singing after taking inspiration from Punjabi folk singer Manmohan Waris. Initially, he used to mostly make the cover of his singles on YouTube and other social media websites.
- He managed to grab widespread attention after lyricist Babbu (who had written Sharry Maan’s Yaar Anmulle) shared Akhil’s cover of Manmohan Waris’s single, Das Sanu Chad Ke.
- He started singing while he was studying in school.
- He created his first single while he was studying in college. The overall budget for the production was INR 10,000.
- During PTC Music Awards 2017, Akhil won the “Best New Age Vocalist” award for Teri Kami and the “Most Romantic Ballad of the Year” award for Khaab.
Featured Image by Akhil / Instagram