|Kris Wu Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 6, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kris Wu is a Chinese actor, singer, songwriter, and model known for appearing in popular films like Mr. Six (2015) and Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back (2017). He starred in the D.J. Caruso’s sequel xXx: Return of Xander Cage in 2017. On the other hand, he is a well-known singer who was a member of the South Korean-Chinese boy band called EXO. Kris also has a huge social media fan base of more than 200k followers on Twitter, more than 1 million followers on Facebook, and more than 7 million followers on Instagram.
Kris, FanFan, Duizhang, Benben
Kris studied at Guangzhou No.7 Middle School for a short while. He was the school’s basketball team captain. He was awarded an NCAA scholarship after he led his team into victory during the China Junior NBA tournament but had to reject it in order to shift to Vancouver with his mother.
Kris continued to study at Point Grey Secondary School and later, started studying at Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School in Vancouver.
Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Model
Kris is managed by Jackie Chan‘s entertainment/talent agency.
C-pop, K-pop, Hip-Hop, R&B
Vocals, Piano, Cello, Saxophone, Drums
- SM Entertainment
- Kris Wu Studio
- Interscope Records
- Island Records
- Universal Music Records
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kris has dated –
- Xiao Gina – Rumors are that he might be dating a woman by the name of Xiao Gina.
- Coulee Nazha (2017) – Actress Coulee Nazha and Kris were rumored to be dating in 2017. However, the two denied all rumors.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Han Chinese ancestry.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘Blonde’.
- He has a tattoo of a Borneo Scorpion on his left hand.
- Towering height
Chris has starred in several commercials such as –
- Mengniu Naite
- Maybelline New York
- Mengniu Frozen Yogurt
- Tong Yi
- Saky X
Best Known For
- Starring in several hit Chinese films such as Somewhere Only We Know (2015), Sweet Sixteen (2016), and Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back (2017)
- Becoming the first male to be on the cover of Vogue China and being the first person to appear in an endorsement for the brand Mixxtail in 2016
- Being the king of fashion in the EXO boy band
- Receiving many awards like the 3rd China International Film Festival London for “Best New Actor” in 2015
As a member of EXO, he released his debut album titled XOXO in June 2013.
As a solo artist, Kris has released several hit singles such as Greenhouse Girl (2015), Deserve (2017), and Like That (2018).
Kris made his theatrical film debut as Peng Zeyang in the romantic-drama film Somewhere Only We Know in 2015.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as a guest on Infinite Challenge in 2005.
In order to keep himself fit, Kris plays the sport of basketball. This is an amazing cardio exercise that increases agility, flexibility, and also assists in growth.
Kris Wu Facts
- His birth name Li Jiāhéng was later changed to “Wu Yifan” named after his mother’s surname.
- His parents separated in 2000.
- Kris was 10 years old when his mother moved back and forth to China, before settling in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- In 2007, Kris passed the SM Entertainment Global Auditions which were held in Canada. Thereafter, he moved to South Korea in 2008, as an SM trainee.
- In 2014, 7 years after he joined as a member of SM Entertainment, he filed a case against them under the act of violation of human rights and asked the company to terminate his contract.
- Kris has an alpaca plush that is named Ace, which was given to him by a fan.
- In 2014, Kris partnered with Heart Ali, a foundation that aids children suffering from congenital heart defect covering the region of Ngari Prefecture, Tibet.
- Mercedes launched a Kris Wu Edition smart car in the past.
- In 2016, he founded his own charity company called Extraordinary Honorary Court with the motive of encouraging the sport of basketball especially in the middle schools of China.
- In 2015, Kris became the first male celebrity to be featured on the cover of Vogue China.
- He has been chosen as an ambassador to represent the 3rd Silk Road International Film Festival, American Express Hong Kong, Mercedes-Benz’s Smart, and Burberry.
- In 2014, Kris became the youngest celebrity to have a wax figure in Shanghai’s Madame Tussauds Wax Museum.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Waffles Club / Tistory / CC BY-4.0