|Alex Høgh Andersen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 20, 1994|
Alex Høgh Andersen is a Danish actor, filmmaker, and photographer, best known for his role as Ivar the Boneless in the action, adventure, drama TV series, Vikings, starting in 2016. He has also amassed a fanbase of more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram.
Alex Høgh Andersen
Slagelse, Sjælland, Denmark
Between the ages of 7 and 19, he attended a school for young children where he studied drama. Between 2006 and 2012, he was trained in drama at Eventyrteatret in Søborg, Gribskov, Denmark.
Alex attended the Københavns Universitet (University of Copenhagen) in Copenhagen, Denmark, where he pursued his degree in Film and Media Studies. However, he dropped out after only a year.
Actor, Photographer, Filmmaker
- Father – Thomas Andersen
- Mother – Charlotte Hogh
- Siblings – Aila Høgh Andersen (Sister)
Alex Høgh Andersen is represented by –
- Panorama Agency (Talent Agent) in Copenhagen, Denmark
- United Talent Agency (UTA) (Talent Agent) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- MLC PR (Publicist) in Los Angeles, California, United States, and New York City, New York, United States
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alex Høgh Andersen has dated –
- Katheryn Winnick (2016) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
Light Brown (Natural)
He has also dyed his hair ‘Blonde’ in the past.
- Tall height
- Defined jawline
Alex appeared in TV commercials for DISH Network between 2017 and 2018 as Ivar the Boneless.
He is also the ambassador for Red Cross Youth, UNICEF, Care Denmark, and Kræftensbekæmpelse (Fighting Cancer). Fighting Cancer is particularly close to his heart because his mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in the past.
Alex Høgh Andersen Favorite Things
- Food – Stegt Flæsk Med Persillesovs Og Kartoffler (Fried Pork With Parsley Sauce And Potatoes), Spaghetti Bolognese, Sushi
- Movies – Her (2013), Moonlight (2016)
- Singer – Frank Ocean
- Books – Wild Encounters by David Yarrow, American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
Source – IssueMagazine.com
Alex Høgh Andersen Facts
- He was born and raised in Slagelse, Sjælland, a small town located southwest of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- He started his acting career by appearing in various musical plays but decided he’d like to pursue a career in film at the age of 17.
- His mom motivated him to start acting.
- His 1st role was in 2010 as Arthur in the theater production of the play Sword in the Stone.
- Alex was named “Upcoming TV-Star of the Year” for his role as William in the Christmas calendar show Tvillingerne og julemanden in 2013.
- To perfect his craft, Alex has learned to sing, dance, fence, and perform stunts.
- He considers himself a very visual-minded person and has thus developed a burning passion for photography.
- Alex has tried his hand at creating and directing short films in the past. His dream is to become a director someday.
- He originally didn’t audition for the role of Ivar the Boneless on Vikings but one of his brothers. However, as there were around 14 other guys auditioning, all good-looking and blue-eyed, the director suggested he try for Ivar.
- Since his character was born with a brittle bone disease, he is constantly in pain and has trouble walking. To prepare, Alex practiced crawling and propping himself around the room for 3 weeks before the shooting started.
- When asked to describe the scent of Travis Fimmel, who played the leading role of Ragnar Lothbrok on Vikings, Alex stated: “like flowers, cigarettes, sweat, and a hint of love.”
- He described his accent in Vikings as “a Swedish accent with an Icelandic undertone and a little Finnish, but spoken in English.”
- Alex is fluent in Danish and English and familiar with German, Swedish, and Norwegian.
- As of February 2020, an actor he’d like to work with is Daniel Day-Lewis.
- Alex does not believe heaven exists but if it did, he wishes it would have a basketball court and a bar.
- His biggest turn-ons are talent, humor, laughter, nice smile, singing, and being good with kids.
- His biggest turn-offs are when a person is violent, self-indulgent, disrespectful, acting dumb, and doesn’t brush their teeth.
- Alex sings in the shower.
Featured Image by Alex Høgh Andersen / Instagram