|Alex Sandro Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 26, 1991|
Ever since he moved to FC Porto in 2011, Alex Sandro has been steadily delivering strong performances on the left side of the defensive lines. His attacking style has often seen him being compared to the Brazilian legend Roberto Carlos. Now, he might not have Carlos’s physical presence or hammer like left foot prowess, but he often replicates Roberto’s attacking play in the opposition half. His defensive skills and ability aren’t shabby either. He can easily shackle the opposing attacking players and has even managed to do a decent job on Lionel Messi. So, it doesn’t come as a surprise that continental clubs such as Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea, and Manchester United are desperate to sign him.
Alex Sandro Lobo Silva
Alex Sandro started his soccer journey at the youth academy of the Brazilian side, Atletico Parananense.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Reinaldo Ramos da Silva
- Mother – Maria de Fátima Lobo
Alex Sandro is represented by Federico Pastorello.
Left Back, Wing Back, Left Winger
16 – Santos FC, Brazil National Team
26 – FC Porto
12 – Juventus FC, Brazil National Team
6 – Brazil National Team
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alex Sandro has dated –
- Natalia Regina – Alex Sandro is married to Natalia Regina. They had been dating for quite some time before they decided to get hitched. In October 2016, she gave birth to their daughter, Alexia.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Brazilian ancestry.
Defined and Strong Jawline
Alex Sandro has inked a sponsorship deal with Nike, which requires him to wear Nike footwear for his professional matches. He has also used his social media activity to promote Nike products.
Best Known For
Being one of the best left-backs in the world. He has used his ability on the left side of the field to help Juventus win multiple titles and cups. His strong performances have also made him a key transfer target for several big clubs all over Europe.
First Soccer Match
In October 2008, he made his professional debut with Atletico Paranaense in their match against Internacional.
In October 2011, he made his first appearance for FC Porto in a Taca De Portugal match against Pêro Pinheiro. His side won the match by the stunning 8-0 scoreline.
In September 2015, Sandro made his professional debut for Juventus in a home match in Serie A against Chievo. The match ended in a limp 1-1 draw.
In November 2011, he made his first appearance for the Brazilian national team in a match against Gabon, which they managed to win by 2-0.
- Attacking runs and movement
He doesn’t have any apparent weaknesses in his game.
First Web Show
In 2018, Alex Sandro made his first web show appearance (on Netflix) in the sports series, First Team: Juventus.
Alex Sandro Facts
- He was a key component of the Atletico Paranaense team, which went on to claim Campeonato Paranaense championship in 2009.
- He scored his first professional goal in January 2009 in a match against Rio Branco. It was proof of his immense attacking talent as he passed the ball to himself around the keeper and slotted it into the empty net.
- In 2010, he was at the center of a controversial and complicated transfer. It was revealed that Atletico Paranaense had sold him to investors with the club receiving R$1,114,000 in exchange. His registration rights were given to Uruguayan club Deportivo Maldonado, which was used a proxy in the transaction.
- Immediately after his transfer, he was sent on a loan to Santos FC. With the Brazilian club, he managed to win Copa do Brasil and Copa Libertadores. His illustrious teammates at Santos included Neymar and Paulo Henrique Ganso.
- In July 2011, FC Porto paid €9.6 million to Deportivo Maldonado and their hidden transfers to sign Sandro. He signed a 5-year deal with his new club with his release clause set at €50 million.
- During his stay at FC Porto, he managed to win two Portuguese league titles and a Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira cup.
- However, they agreed to let him move to Juventus for a lot less transfer fee. The Italian club paid €26 million to Porto in August 2015. He signed a 5-year deal with the club.
- In January 2016, he scored his first professional goal for Juventus as he curled in from the top of the 18-yard box in a 4-0 win over Udinese in Serie A.
- In his debut season with Juventus, he managed to win a domestic double, which included a Serie A title and Coppa Italia cup.
- His second season at Juventus proved to be his breakthrough season as he managed to knock Patrice Evra from the left-back slot and went on to make 43 appearances in all competitions. In fact, he made most appearances in the season from the squad.
- In the semi-finals of UEFA Champions League 2016-17, he showed off his immense skills in defense as he managed to keep Lionel Messi relatively quiet over the two legs of the tie.
- In October 2018, he scored his first international goal as he scored for Brazil in a friendly match against Saudi Arabia in his side’s 2-0 win.
- In 2012, he managed to win an Olympic silver medal with the Brazilian national team. His side was defeated at the London Olympics final by Mexico.
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by Alex Sandro / Instagram