|Alexandra Maria Lara Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 12, 1978|
Alexandra Maria Lara is a Romanian-German actress who is known for having been cast in a variety of on-screen roles which include Ute Fassbinder in Geostorm, Young Ilana Mather in The Reader, Johanna Meyer in The Collini Case, Traudl Junge in Downfall, Hanna Franke in You Are Wanted, Freddie in Four Against the Bank, Valerie in Only God Can Judge Me, Annik Honore in Control, Sandra in Our Island in the South Pacific, Marlene Lauda in Rush, and Astrid in If It Don’t Fit, Use a Bigger Hammer.
Alexandra Maria Plătăreanu
Alexandra Maria Lara, Alex
Bucharest, Socialist Republic of Romania
She graduated from the Französisches Gymnasium Berlin in 1997 and then studied acting under the management of her father.
- Father – Valentin Plătăreanu (Actor, Director, Drama Teacher)
- Mother – Doina
- Sibling – She is an only child.
Alexandra Maria Lara is represented by Players Agentur Management GmbH, Talent Agency, Berlin, Germany.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alexandra Maria Lara has dated –
- Moritz Bleibtreu – Rumor
- Florian Unger (1996-2006)
- Sam Riley (2007-Present) – She met English actor and singer Sam Riley on the set of Control (2007) and the duo got married in August 2009. They parent a son named Ben (b. January 2014)
Race / Ethnicity
Alexandra Maria Lara is of Romanian descent.
- High cheekbones
- Lean frame
- A mole on her neck
She appeared in a commercial for McDonald’s in 2013.
Alexandra Maria Lara Facts
- Her family fled to West Germany to escape Nicolae Ceauşescu’s regime in Communist Romania. Initially, they had planned to emigrate to Canada but instead settled in Freiburg im Breisgau, Baden-Württemberg.
- Her agent suggested she change her surname because her original surname “Plătăreanu” was deemed too difficult for people to remember.
- Alexandra Maria Lara portrayed the character of Traudl Junge, a German editor who worked as Adolf Hitler‘s last private secretary, in the Academy Award-nominated 2004 historical war drama film, Downfall.
- Alongside Sam Riley and Samantha Morton, she co-starred as Annik Honoré, a journalist from Belgium and employee of the Belgian embassy, in the 2007 British biographical film, Control. It is the biopic of English singer-songwriter and musician Ian Curtis.
- She has served as a member of the ‘Official Competition’ jury at the 4th Transylvania International Film Festival (TIFF) in 2005 as well as at the 61st Cannes International Film Festival in 2008.
- Alexandra has been smoking since she was 16.
- Besides Romanian, she is also well-versed in German, English, and French.
Featured Image by Martin Kraft / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0