|Sam Riley Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 8, 1980|
||Alexandra Maria Lara|
Sam Riley is an English actor, model, and singer known for playing Ian Curtis in the biographical film Control, Fitzwilliam Darcy in the action-comedy horror film Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Pierre Curie in the biographical drama film Radioactive, Pinkie Brown in the crime film Brighton Rock, Sal Paradise in the adventure drama film On the Road, David in the comedy-drama film Happy New Year, Colin Burstead, Jack Favell in the romantic thriller film Rebecca, Greider in the Western drama film The Dark Valley, Vincent Ferro in the psychological crime thriller film 13, Benoit Labarie in the war romantic drama film Suite Française, Peter in the comedy-drama film Sometimes Always Never, and Diaval in the dark fantasy adventure film Maleficent and its sequel Maleficent: Mistress of Evil. In 2015, he was named one of GQ‘s 50 best-dressed British men.
Samuel Peter W. Riley
Sam Riley, Sam
Menston, Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Sam Riley was educated at Malsis School, Cross Hills and at Uppingham School in Rutland, England.
He tried to pursue further studies but was unable to get admission at either the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art or the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
- Father – Andrew Riley (A Textile Agent)
- Mother – Amanda (Nursery School Teacher)
- Siblings – Jack Riley (Brother), George Riley (Brother) (Bass Player), Annabel Riley (Sister) (Actor)
- Others – David William Riley (Paternal Grandfather), Betsy Doreen Ambler (Paternal Grandmother), Peter W. Hutton (Maternal Grandfather), Joyce Enderby (Maternal Grandmother)
Sam Riley has been signed with –
- William Morris of Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Tavistock Wood Management, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $1 Million.
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
165 lbs or 75 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sam Riley has dated –
- Elliot Page (formerly Ellen Page) (2008) – Sam Riley dated the Canadian actor and producer Elliot Page (formerly Ellen Page) in 2008.
- Alexandra Maria Lara (2007-Present) – The Romanian-born German actor met Sam Riley on the sets of Control in 2007. On December 24, 2008, he proposed to her and the couple got married in August 2009. They have a son named Ben, who was born in January 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Sam Riley is of English and Irish descent.
- Dark Hair
- Pale appearance
Best Known for
Sam Riley is best known for his role in Control, a biographic film about the life of Ian Curtis, which was released in 2007.
As a singer, Sam Riley performed in his first and last album 10,000 Things under Voltage Records in 2002. The band did not release any more albums till 2015.
Sam Riley first featured in Control in 2007, in which he portrayed the role of Ian Curtis.
First TV Show
Sam Riley first appeared in the TV show Breakfast that was aired in the year 2000.
He prefers to have healthy food to maintain his slim build.
Sam Riley Favorite Things
- Building – Parents’ house outside Leeds in Wharfe Valley
- Music – Old fashioned and Old Numbers
- Book – Catcher in the Rye
- TV Show – The Jungle Book
- Loves – Eating Chocolates
- Crush – Angela Merkel
Sam Riley Facts
- He presently lives in Berlin with his wife Alexandra Maria Lara, who is a big star in Germany.
- When his band was dropped by the record label Polydor, Sam Riley had to work in a clothing factory to make the ends meet.
- He was a former member of the National Youth Theatre.
- Variety had mentioned Sam Riley amongst the Ten Actors to Watch in 2007.
- Alongside Andrea Riseborough, Andy Serkis, Helen Mirren, and others, he co-starred as Pinkie Brown in the 2010 crime film Brighton Rock, loosely based on Graham Greene’s 1938 novel of the same name. This role got him nominated for a Evening Standard British Film Award in the “Best Actor” category.
- Sam Riley also worked as a model for the British fashion house Burberry and the couture collection of Ermenegildo Zegna.
- Angelina Jolie and Sam Riley were paired in the Disney movie Maleficent.
- He won 8 awards for his role in the movie Control, which includes the prestigious British Independent Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer.