|Alicia Witt Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 21, 1975|
|Born Name||Alicia Roanne Witt|
Alicia Witt is an American actress, singer, songwriter, and pianist who came to prominence after being discovered by director David Lynch who later featured her in his hit film Dune (1984). She has also amassed a huge fan base with 100k followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Facebook.
Alicia Roanne Witt
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Alicia was homeschooled and got her “high school equivalency credential” at the age of 14. Later, she attended Boston University where she studied piano.
Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Pianist
- Father – Robert Witt (Science Teacher, Photographer) (Died in 2021)
- Mother – Diane Witt (Reading Teacher) (Died in 2021)
- Siblings – Ian Rob Witt (Brother) (Actor)
Alicia is represented by Stephanie Simon and Dannielle Thomas of Untitled Entertainment.
Folk, Alternative, Holiday
Vocals, Piano, Guitar
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alicia Witt has dated –
- Peter Krause (1995-1999)
- Nathan Foulger (1999-2006)
- Ben Folds (2012)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of 37.5% Irish, 25% Italian, 18.75% French-Canadian, 12.5% Polish, and 6.25% English ancestry.
- Wide smile
Alicia Witt Favorite Things
- Thing She Worked On – The Pond (2010)
- Character On The Walking Dead – Carol Peletier (Played By Melissa McBride)
Source – Facebook, AMC.com
Alicia Witt Facts
- Originally, her last name was “Witcoski” until her paternal grandfather changed it to Witt.
- She was only 9 months old when she started reading. By the age of 7, Alicia had already been competing as a classical pianist.
- As a child, she wanted to be a farmer and marry the fictional character from Peanuts, Charlie Brown.
- She was spotted in 1980 when she was 5 years by director David Lynch. He had heard her recite Romeo and Juliet on the show That’s Incredible!.
- Alicia competed as a pianist nationally while she studied at Boston University.
- She made her theater debut in 2001 in the musical, The Gift.
- Her mother Diane held the Guinness Book of World Records for the “World’s Longest Hair” from 1988 to 1996.
- Alicia resided in the United Kingdom in 2004.
- She is considered to be a musical prodigy as she had started playing the piano at a very early age. She also supported herself by playing at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel while working with David Lynch.
- Alicia worked with Grammy award-winning producer Jacquire King for the release of her EP 15000 Days (2018).
- In June 2004, she was chosen to model for the Chapeau d’Amour, which was designed by Louis Mariette. The hat was studded with diamonds and estimated to be worth $2.7 million.
- She appeared as a contestant on the Wheel of Fortune in September 1990.
- A few of her top songs were I’m Not Ready For Christmas (2013), Anyway (2009), Still Sorry (2018), and Christmas Miracle (2018).
- Alicia has appeared in more than 2 dozen films and shows of which she is most prominently known as Kim Cummings in 88 Minutes (2007), Natalie Simon in Urban Legend (1998), Alia in Dune (1984), and as Libby in Vanilla Sky (2001), and Orange Is the New Black.
- She has along with the likes of prominent actors like Tom Cruise, Al Pacino, Francesca Annis, Queen Latifah, and LL Cool J.
- Alicia is an avid supporter of “People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals”.
- She has a dog named Ernest Hemingway Witt.
- In December 2021, Alicia’s parents, Robert Witt and Diane Witt were found dead at their home. Robert was 87 years old at the time of his death and Diane was 75 years old. Later, in February 2022, it was revealed that the cause of their death was “probable cardiac dysrhythmia” due to the cold.
- In June 2022, Alicia revealed that she was diagnosed with breast cancer in the past. She later underwent chemotherapy and a mastectomy.
Featured Image By Mingle MediaTV / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0