|Alina Baraz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 24, 1993|
Alina Baraz is a singer-songwriter who rose to fame after the release of her first EP, titled Urban Flora, for which she collaborated with the Danish electro-musician, Galimatias, in 2015. She has also released some singles which include Drift, Pretty Thoughts, Make You Feel, and Fantasy. The singer is already a well-known name in the music industry and has over 200k YouTube subscribers and over 500k Instagram followers.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She attended college briefly and soon dropped out to pursue a career in singing.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Alina is represented by Emagen Management Group.
Downtempo Electronica, Alternative R&B, Pop, Contemporary R&B
Mom + Pop, Ultra
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alina has dated –
- Khalid (2018) – As per her Instagram posts, it has been speculated that she might be in a relationship with singer and songwriter, Khalid. However, none of them has addressed the scenario.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Russian ancestry.
- Fuller lips
- Thick eyebrows
Alina has not endorsed any brand yet.
Best Known For
Her EP titled Urban Flora for which she collaborated with Danish electro-musician, Galimatias
As a Singer
Alina released her first EP, Urban Flora, on May 19, 2015. Her second EP, The Color of You, came out on April 6, 2018.
She has also provided vocals to singles such as Drift, Pretty Thoughts, Make You Feel, Fantasy, Electric, Gone, Lavender and Velvet, Buzzin, and Down for You.
Alina Baraz Favorite Things
Source – Noisey
Alina Baraz Facts
- Alina’s parents were Russian immigrants.
- She is the only child in her family who was born in America.
- It was after listening to Corinne Bailey Rae that she realized her abilities as a singer.
- She joined a college gospel choir while she was still a high school student and was, eventually, caught and removed from the choir.
- While in college, a friend gave her a very striking advice, saying, ‘If you’re not going to do this now, you’re never going to make it.’
- Alina’s singing talent was so secretive that even her mother did not know that she could sing.
- With the support of her mother, Alina moved to Los Angeles to pursue a full-time career in singing.
- Later, she stumbled upon the beats of Galimatias on SoundCloud which she loved. So, she created her tracks on his beats and posted them on SoundCloud. Her tracks attracted a lot of attention including Galimatias’ himself and the two came in contact through Facebook and stayed in touch for 2 years before finally releasing an EP together, titled Urban Flora, in 2015.
- Alina derives inspiration from colors and has said in an interview that she always writes songs with color-changing lights near her.
- Visit her official website @ alinabaraz.com.
- Follow Alina Baraz on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Alina Baraz / Instagram