|Amanda Nunes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 30, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Amanda Nunes is a Brazilian professional mixed martial artist who is best known for being the 3rd fighter to hold UFC titles in two weight classes simultaneously and the first woman to become a two-division UFC champion. She has participated in a variety of championships such as the UFC Women’s Bantamweight Championship, and UFC Women’s Featherweight Championship, and has been a part of teams like Team Carvalho, American Top Team, and MMA Masters. She has received honors such as Equality California’s “Equality Visibility Award” and the World MMA Award for “Female Fighter of the Year”.
Amanda Lourenço Nunes
The Lioness, Leoa, Lioness of the Ring
Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Amanda started honing her fighting skills at the age of 4 by getting enrolled in karate classes. She then joined boxing training classes at the age of 16. She also took fighting lessons at Edson Carvalho’s gym in Salvadore.
To further refine her fighting skills, she became a disciple of Ryan Franco, a famous jiu-jitsu black belt holder and trainer from Redding in California.
Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Sindoval Nunes
- Mother – Ivete Nunes
- Siblings – Vanessa Nunes (Sister) (Actress)
69 in or 175 cm
Boxing, Brazilian jiu-jitsu
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Amanda Nunes has dated –
- Nina Ansaroff (2012-Present) – Amanda Nunes got together with American mixed martial artist Nina Ansaroff in 2012 after having met at training. During her first training fight with her future girlfriend at the gym, Nunes went hard on Nina with the intention to hurt her as she wanted to be the only female fighter at the gym. The early success of their relationship has to be attributed to Google Translate as Brazilian fighters struggled with fluency in English. After dating for a brief time, they decided to move in together. The couple later tied the knot and on September 24, 2020, Nina gave birth to a daughter named Raegan Ann Nunes.
Race / Ethnicity
36-27-35 in or 91.5-68.5-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU)
Amanda has been seen in a bunch of UFC commercials.
Best Known For
- Being UFC Women’s Bantamweight champion.
- Knocking out UFC superstar Ronda Rousey in just 48 seconds at the UFC 207 event.
First MMA Match
On March 8, 2008, she made her MMA ring debut in a match against Ana Maria. The match ended after 35 seconds as Maria got Nunes tapped out with an armbar.
Amanda first appeared in the film Lincoln Road in 2017 in the role of Grudges.
First TV Show
In 2011, Nunes was first seen in the sports series Strikeforce Challengers as herself in just 1 episode.
As per the workout released in the run-up to her fight against Ronda Rousey, Amanda undergoes multi-faceted training to be at her best in the ring. There are many bodyweight exercises such as pull-ups and inverted rows. Also, there are lifting movements such as bent over rows, stiff leg deadlifts.
Her workout lays special emphasis on a strong core with several rotational exercises like wood chops, done using resistance bands to improve her reflexes and reaction time. She also performs the famous battle rope exercise.
Her routine also has a fair share of sparring, shadow boxing and drills to replicate movements made in the matches itself. She also includes grappling and groundwork in her workout routine.
Amanda Nunes Favorite Things
- Soccer Club – Barcelona FC
- Soccer Player – Ronaldinho
Source – Hollywood Life
Amanda Nunes Facts
- While growing up, Amanda wanted to become a soccer player and her mother believed that getting in sports would do something about her habit of getting regularly in fights.
- She stepped on the path that would lead to MMA career after getting fascinated with capoeira, which is an amalgam of dance and fight that was brought to Brazil by slaves.
- Amanda is the first openly gay UFC champion and being the first champion from Brazil.
- After losing her third UFC fight against Cat Zingano at UFC 178, she was so disappointed that she considered returning to Brazil.
- During her struggling UFC days, she used to live in such a bad neighborhood that she and her girlfriend had to keep a licensed weapon handy at all times and people used to get in a fight for a chicken egg.
- When she first moved to Salvador to learn jiu-jitsu, she had to live at her trainer Edson Carvalho’s gym.