|Ambati Rayudu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1985|
Ambati Rayudu is an Indian cricketer and TV personality. He is best known for playing international cricket for India starting in 2013 as well as Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League (IPL) and Hyderabad domestically. On July 2, 2019, he announced his retirement from all formats of cricket but returned on August 29, 2019, re-joined Hyderabad’s squad and was named its captain.
Ambati Thirupathi Rayudu
Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
He trained cricket at the National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India in 2001. Rayudu attended Bhavan’s Sri Ramakrishna Vidyalaya in Sainikpuri, Secunderabad, Telangana, India.
He also attended Bhavan’s Vivekananda College in Sainikpuri, Secunderabad, Telangana, India.
Cricketer, TV Personality
- Father – Sambasiva Rao (Worked in at the archives department)
- Mother – Vijayalakshmi
- Others – Rohit Rayudu (Cousin) (Cricketer)
9 – Chennai Super Kings, Mumbai Indians
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ambati Rayudu has dated –
- Chennupalli Vidya (2009-Present) – On February 14, 2009, Ambati married his friend from college, Chennupalli Vidya.
Race / Ethnicity
Ambati Rayudu Favorite Things
- Batsman – Virat Kohli
- Cricketers – Sachin Tendulkar, Ben Stokes, MS Dhoni, Harbhajan “Bhajju Pa” Singh
Ambati Rayudu Facts
- He credits his dad for instilling a love for cricket into him. He would ferry him around on his scooter and would always stay and watch him practice day and night.
- His dad also signed him up for a coaching camp in the 3rd grade and later enrolled him into a cricket academy owned by Vijay Paul, a former Hyderabad cricketer.
- Ambati made his first-class debut in 2002 after he joined Hyderabad’s squad. Next year, he played for India A and in 2004, he was already a captain for the India Under-19 team.
- His hobbies and passions include farming, soccer, architecture, photography, art, golf, and going on road trips and exploring the world.
- In the early days of cricket, he was sometimes called “the next Sachin Tendulkar.”
- In 2007, Ambati was banned from domestic cricket by the Board of Control for Cricket (BCCI) after he signed with the “rebel” Indian Cricket League (ICL). This stopped him from playing nationally. Luckily, BCCI offered him amnesty in 2009 if he terminated the contract with ICL, which he accepted.
- He was a part-time wicket-keeper for the Mumbai franchise.
- Ambati was very saddened to hear about the death of his mentor, cricketer Vijay Paul in December 2016.
- Ambati was dropped from the India National Team in the 2019 World Cup in favor of Vijay Shankar. In response, he passively-aggressively tweeted: “Just Ordered a new set of 3d glasses to watch the world cup.” Ambati was passed again soon after when they chose Mayank Agarwal due to Vijay’s injury as well as Rishabh Pant in place of another injured cricketer.
- After he didn’t make the squad for India, Ambati was very disappointed and announced his retirement. Iceland Cricket, an amateur cricket team, trolled him on social media by offering him to apply for residency in their country so he can join their squad instead.
- After 58 days of retirement, heads of Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA) convinced him he had “at least 5 more years of cricket in him” and he made a comeback.
- In November 2019, Ambati revealed that corruption is very much present and influential in Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA) and was stopping the domestic team from being great. He promptly skipped Ranji Trophy for that reason.
- Ambati is in favor of the death sentence of people who commit s*xual assault. He also heavily fights against racism.
Featured Image by Ambati Rayudu / Facebook