|Amelia Vega Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 7, 1984|
Amelia Vega is a Dominican model, actress, writer, singer, and beauty pageant titleholder who emerged as the winner of Miss Universe 2003. She has also been cast in a few acting projects while she has branched out as a singer as well. Moreover, Amelia Vega has also accrued a huge fan base on social media as she enjoys more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram, more than 800k followers on Facebook, and more than 300k followers on Twitter.
Amelia Victoria Vega Polanco
Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Amelia Vega attended the Barbizon Modeling and Acting School.
Model, Actress, Writer, Singer
- Father – Otto Miguel Vega Rasuk (Doctor)
- Mother – Patricia Victoria Polanco Álvarez (Pilot and beauty pageant titleholder who represented her country in Miss World 1980)
- Others – Santo Domingo Miguel Ángel Vega Acevedo (Paternal Grandfather) (Lawyer, Professor), Vanessa Vega de Bonnelly (Paternal Grandfather) (Writer, College Professor), Nora Clementina Altagracia Vega Rasuk (Aunt), Juan Luis Guerra (Uncle) (Musician, Singer, Composer, Record Producer)
Amelia Vega is represented by Trump Model Management, Model Agency, New York City, New York, United States.
She has released her album, Agua Dulce, via SuperNova Entertainment.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amelia Vega has dated –
- Pablo Montero
- Shalim Ortiz (2003)
- Anthony Santos (2006-2007)
- Al Horford (2009-Present) – In 2009, she started dating the professional basketball player, Al Horford, and on December 24, 2011, the duo got married in a beautiful wedding ceremony. A few years later, on February 23, 2015, they were blessed with their first child together, a son named Ean Horford, and on November 27, 2016, they welcomed their daughter named Alla Horford. The couple again became parents to their 3rd child, a daughter named Ava Amelia Horford Vega, on July 11, 2018, and the family can be seen together on several occasions.
Race / Ethnicity
Amelia Vega is of the Dominican Republic and Cuban descent.
- Tall stature
- Chiseled facial features
Amelia Vega Facts
- She made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Minerva in the American drama film, The Lost City in 2005. The lead cast of the film comprised of Andy García, Dustin Hoffman, Bill Murray, Inés Sastre, and Tomás Milián.
- She released her album titled Agua Dulce in the year 2011 and it consisted of songs such as Feel Like Falling and Smog.
- Amelia Vega shares her great grandmother with actress Carolina Bonetti.
- She is the first Dominican contestant to be crowned as Miss Universe and she also became the tallest winner of the title.
- She has appeared on the cover of the book titled Universal Beauty which was published by the Miss Universe Organization.
- Amelia Vega has been associated with several charitable organizations such as Go Red For Women, Inisiatica Ser (Breast Cancer) Global Health Council, amfAR, the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and God’s Love We Delive.
- She is fluent in both Spanish and English.
- She has 2 boutiques named Essence By Amelia Vega, in Miami.
Featured Image by Austranosi / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0