|America Ferrera Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||April 18, 1984|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
America Ferrera is an American actress, voice actress, producer, and director who has been cast in a variety of shows and movies in roles like Betty Suarez in Ugly Betty, Amelia “Amy” Sosa in Superstore, Helen Chavez in César Chávez, Blanca Garcia in How the Garcia Girls Spent Their Summer, Carmen Lowell in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Sarah in The Dry Land, Fawn in Tinker Bell, Lucia Ramirez in Our Family Wedding, Brigida in Special Correspondents, and Astrid Hofferson in DreamWorks Dragons, Legend of the Boneknapper Dragon, How to Train Your Dragon, Gift of the Night Fury, How to Train Your Dragon 2, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, Dawn of the Dragon Racers, and Book of Dragons. Her work has also won her accolades like an Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award among others.
America Georgine Ferrera
Los Angeles, California, United States
America Ferrera started her primary education at Calabash Street Elementary School. After completing her elementary education, she got enrolled in George Ellery Hale Middle School.
After that, she started studying at El Camino Real High School in Woodland district near Los Angeles. There, she took acting classes to upgrade her skills.
Post-graduation, she got admission to the University of Southern California. After almost 10 years from joining, she graduated from university with a double major in theatre and international relations in 2013.
Actress, Voice Actress, Producer, Director
- Father – Carlos Gregorio Ferrera
- Mother – América Griselda Ayes (Worked as director of the housekeeping staff at Hilton Hotels)
- Siblings – America has 5 siblings, including 4 sisters and 1 brother. She is the youngest of her siblings.
- Others – Don Carlos Ferrera (Paternal Grandfather), Mucia/Musia Georgina Paz Mendieta (Paternal Grandmother)
America Ferrera has been represented by –
- Authentic Talent and Literary Management
- Hamilton Hodell, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
America Ferrera has dated –
- Ryan Piers Williams (2003-Present) – America Ferrera started dating director and actor Ryan Williams in 2003 after he had cast her in a student film at the University of South Carolina. After dating for around 7 years, they got engaged in June 2010. On June 27, 2011, they got married in an intimate ceremony in Chappaqua in upstate New York in Ferrera’s co-star and friend Vanessa Williams’s house. They have a son named Sebastian (b. May 29, 2018) and a daughter named Lucia (b. May 4, 2020).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and White)
She is of Honduran (Spanish, likely Indigenous, other) and Swedish Jewish descent.
- Her full lips
- Curvaceous Body
37-29-38 in or 94-74-96.5 cm
12 (US) or 42 (EU)
6.5 (US) or 4 (UK) or 37 (EU)
Ferrera has appeared in commercials on –
- New Super Mario Bros in 2008 for Nintendo DS
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund in 2002
Best Known For
Playing Betty Suarez in the dramedy series Ugly Betty from 2006 to 2010.
She first appeared in the comedy-drama film Real Women Have Curves for her starring role as Ana Garcia in 2002.
First TV Show
Her first TV show appearance came in PBS show Independent Lens in 2002 as a host. Until 2011, she was seen in 112 episodes.
Over the past couple of years, America Ferrera has undergone a steady weight loss. She loves running and hiking. She also finds time in her busy schedule to perform yoga.
She has also trained herself to compete in a triathlon.
When it comes to diet, she prefers balanced and sensible eating over fad diets.
America Ferrera Facts
- She is the daughter of Honduras emigrants.
- While growing up, America Ferrera hated her first name, so instead used her middle name ‘Georgine.’
- She paid for the acting classes she took at the age of 15 by working as a waitress and babysitting.
- Ferrera known for her voluptuous beauty has been named in the list of hottest 100 women by Maxim magazine as well as People publication.
- She co-starred as Carmen Lowell in the comedy-drama film, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, in 2005.
- In 2008, she worked as one of the celebrity phone operators for the Telethon event Stand Up To Cancer to raise funds for advanced research in the field.
- America is a firm supporter of the democrats and was very vocal about her support for Barack Obama in 2012 re-election and spoke at the 2016 Democratic Convention in support of Hillary Clinton’s presidential bid.
- She has served in the ambassadorial role for Save the Children charity and has been associated with Aids Healthcare foundation initiatives.
- Ferrera’s mother wasn’t too enthusiastic about her dream to become an actress as she felt that her daughter might be treated unfairly in the industry due to her heritage.
- In 2007, she was selected in the list of top artists and entertainers by the prestigious TIME magazine as part of their most influential personality issue.
- She appeared as Brigida in the 2016 British-Canadian-American satirical comedy film, Special Correspondents.
- In September 2016, she completed her first Nautica Triathlon, which was hosted in support of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- She celebrated her New Year Eve 2021 (December 31, 2020) with many people including one of her Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants co-stars Amber Tamblyn.