America Georgine Ferrera
Los Angeles, California, United States
America Ferrera started her primary education at Calabash Street Elementary School. After completing her elementary education, she got enrolled in George Ellery Hale Middle School.
After that, she started studying at El Camino Real High School in Woodland district near Los Angeles. There, she took acting classes to upgrade her skills.
Post graduation, she got admission at the University of Southern California. After almost 10 years from joining, she graduated from university with double major in theatre and international relations in 2013.
- Father – Carlos Gregorio Ferrera
- Mother – América Griselda Ayes (Worked as director of housekeeping staff at Hilton Hotels)
- Siblings – America has 5 siblings, including 4 sisters and 1 brother. She is the youngest amongst her siblings.
America Ferrera is represented by Authentic Talent and Literary Management.
5 ft 1 in 155 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
America Ferrera dated –
- Ryan Piers Williams (2003-Present) – America Ferrera started dating director and actor Ryan Williams in 2003 after he had cast her in a student film at the University of South Carolina. After dating for around 7 years, they got engaged in June 2010. On June 27, 2011, they got married in an intimate ceremony in Chappaqua in upstate New York in Ferrera’s co-star and friend Vanessa Williams’ house.
Race / Ethnicity
Her parents are Honduras emigrants.
- Her full lips
- Curvaceous Body
37-29-38 in or 94-74-96.5 cm
12 (US) or 42 (EU)
6.5 (US) or 37 (EU)
Ferrera has appeared in commercials on –
- New Super Mario Bros in 2008 for Nintendo DS
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund in 2002
Her religious views are unknown.
Best Known For
Playing Betty Suarez in dramedy series Ugly Betty from 2006 to 2010.
She first appeared in comedy-drama film Real Women have Curves for her starring role as Ana Garcia in 2002.
First TV Show
Her first TV show appearance came in PBS show Independent Lens in 2002 as a host. Until 2011, she was seen in 112 episodes.
Over the past couple of years, America Ferrera has undergone a steady weight loss. She loves running and hiking. She also finds time in her busy schedule to perform yoga.
She has also trained herself to compete in a triathlon.
When it comes to diet, she prefers balanced and sensible eating over fad diets.
America Ferrera Favorite Things
Her favorite things aren’t known.
America Ferrera Facts
- While growing up, America Ferrera hated her first name, so instead used her middle name ‘Georgine.’
- She paid for the acting classes she took at the age of 15 by working as a waitress and babysitting.
- Ferrera known for her voluptuous beauty has been named in the list of hottest 100 women by Maxim magazine as well as People publication.
- In 2008, she worked as one of the celebrity phone operators for the Telethon event Stand Up To Cancer to raise funds for advanced research in the field.
- America is a firm supporter of the democrats and was very vocal about her support for Barack Obama in 2012 re-election and spoke at 2016 Democratic Convention in support of Hillary Clinton’s presidential bid.
- She has served in the ambassadorial role for Save the Children charity and has been associated with Aids Healthcare foundation initiatives.
- Ferrera’s mother wasn’t too enthusiastic of her dream to become actress as she felt that her daughter might be treated unfairly in the industry due to her heritage.
- In 2007, she was selected in the list of top artists and entertainers by the prestigious TIME magazine as part of their most influential personality issue.
- In September 2016, she completed her first Nautica Triathlon, which was hosted in support of the the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- Meet America on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.