|Amber Tamblyn Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 14, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Amber Tamblyn is an American actress, voiceover artist, producer, writer, and director who is known for her roles like Jenny in Two and a Half Men, Joan Girardi in Joan of Arcadia, Martha M. Masters in House, Detective Casey Shraeger in The Unusuals, Stephanie Daley in The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, Emily Quartermaine in General Hospital, Tabatha in Growing Up and Other Lies, Tibby Rollins in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, Aubrey Davis in The Grudge 2, Ella Crystal in Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, Anna in 3 Nights in the Desert, and Bethany Ashemore in Nostalgia.
Amber Rose Tamblyn
Santa Monica, California, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Tamblyn went to Santa Monica Alternative School House in Southern California.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Producer, Writer, Director, Poet
- Father – Russell Irving “Russ” Tamblyn (Actor, dancer, and singer)
- Mother – Bonnie Murray (Singer, teacher, and artist)
- Siblings – China Tamblyn
- Others – Eddie Tamblyn (Paternal Grandfather) (Vaudeville Performer), Sally Aileen Triplett (Paternal Grandmother) (Actress), Alexander Murray (Maternal Grandfather), Marian/Mary Alice Blanchard (Maternal Grandmother), Larry Tamblyn (Uncle) (Keyboardist)
She has been represented by –
- United Talent Agency (For Acting and Directing Bookings)
- ID-PR (Publicist)
- Creative Artists Agency (Literary Representation)
- The Tuesday Agency (For Speakers Engagements and Literary Bookings)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amber Tamblyn has dated –
- Jason Ritter – Amber was rumored to be dating actor Jason Ritter in the past.
- David Cross (2009-Present) – Comedian, actor, writer David Cross started dating Amber in 2009. She is about 19 years his junior. The couple got engaged in August 2011. On October 6, 2012, the couple married.
Race / Ethnicity
Amber Tamblyn is of Scottish, English, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, and Cornish descent.
35-28-36 in or 89-71-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
5.5 (US) or 36 (EU)
Best Known For
Playing Jennifer “Jenny” Harper in the CBS’s sitcom Two and a Half Men since 2013.
As a Singer
She has given her vocals to Deltron 3030’s hip-hop song Lawnchair Quarterback Part 1 and Lawnchair Quarterback Part 2 in 2013.
In 2012, she also provided her vocals to Danny!’s Evil.
She appeared in the 1995 comedy film Live N*de Girls for her role as Young Jill. The older Jill was played by actress Dana Delany.
First TV Show
From 1995 to 2001, she appeared in ABC’s daytime television medical drama series General Hospital for her role as Emily Quartermaine. This role also won her the YoungStar Award for “Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Daytime TV Program” in 1999 and 2000.
Amber Tamblyn Favorite Things
- Poets – Diane Di Prima, Jack Hirschman, Jeffrey McDaniel, Kate Braverman, Mindy Nettifee, Noelle Kocot, Sherman Alexie
- Book – The Little Prince (By Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
Source – TV.com
Amber Tamblyn Facts
- At the age of 10, Amber played Pippi Longstocking in a school play.
- Sharon Debord is her father’s agent and family friend. He is one who convinced her dad to let her go on auditions and become an actress.
- As a poetess, she has published two chapbooks titled “Of the Dawn” and “Plenty of Ships.”
- Amber is the goddaughter of Dean Stockwell (actor), late Dennis Hopper (actor), and Neil Young (musician).
- Alongside Tilda Swinton and Timothy Hutton, she co-starred in the 2006 film, Stephanie Daley, playing the titular role. For this performance, she bagged the award for “Best Actress” at the Locarno International Film Festival in 2006 while she was also nominated for a 2007 Independent Spirit Award for “Best Supporting Female”.
- The Standells’ keyboardist Larry Tamblyn was her uncle.
- She endorsed Hillary Clinton during the 2016 United States presidential election.
- She is a fan of Avril Lavigne and folk singer Ani Difranco.
- She is best friends with Alexis Bledel.
- She appeared as Bethany Ashemore, Ronald’s granddaughter, in the drama film, Nostalgia, in 2018.
- Amber and America Ferrera had celebrated their New Year Eve 2021 (December 31, 2020) together along with other friends.