|Aml Ameen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1985|
Aml Ameen is a British actor, film director, film producer, and screenwriter who burst into the spotlight after portraying Simon in the soap opera EastEnders (2003). He went on to get featured in several other TV shows including the NBC series Harry’s Law (2011-2012) and star in numerous films like The Maze Runner (2014). He has been the producer, director as well as writer for various notable projects for instance his directorial debut movie Boxing Day (2021). Ameen is the recipient of many accolades such as the Screen Nation Awards in 2007 for “Best Actor in a TV performance”. He has amassed more than 75k followers on Instagram.
Aml Eysan Ameen
Camden Town, London, England, United Kingdom
He took lessons in acting at the Barbara Speake Stage School in London.
Actor, Film Director, Film Producer, Screenwriter
- Siblings – Mikel Ameen (Brother) (Actor), Nadina Ameen (Sister), Aretha Ameen (Sister), Jason Ameen (Brother), Alysha Ameen (Sister)
He has been represented by Independent Talent Group Ltd. and United Talent Agency.
His net worth was $3 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-Jamaican, African-Vincentian, and Grenadian descent.
- Cheerful smile
- Mustache and beard
Aml Ameen Favorite Things
- Friend – Leigh-Anne Pinnock
Source – Instagram
Aml Ameen Facts
- When he was a child, he had appeared in several shows in the West End including Oliver! and Jolson.
- At the age of 11, he had performed live on stage with Michael Jackson at the BRIT Awards in 1996.
- Aml had a lot of fun working for the science fiction thriller film Parallel (2018) having always been interested in different universes, times, and spaces. He has been curious about concepts of the future and the past, and how a single moment can change the course of one’s life, whether it be movies like Back To the Future or Serendipity.
- He has cherished the phenomenal special effects in Parallel, especially where he had jumped through the mirror. Performing with the effects had come naturally to him, as when he was a child he would watch films like The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe and try to make the wardrobe that would take him to a different world.
- Ameen has found father/son relationships to be fascinating. He has added that he has a phenomenal relationship with his father that has also had bumps in the roads during the journey of life together. He had relished how in Parallel, his character Devin desperately tried to change the past for the love of his father.
- Aml has disclosed that Boxing Day has originated from the diary of his life. He has recollected that on Boxing Day, the Ameen family would have big parties every year when everyone’s friends would come over and enjoy an amazing day. One day in 2016, he was at his family party when the thought had occurred that the huge raucous event should be a film and thus the idea got spawned. He had always wanted to make something that came from a really personal and honest place and nothing could be important to him than his family. In the process of making Boxing Day, Aml led everything with his heart and included some of his family experiences, reshaping it to be the film.
- He has affirmed to have had an eclectic taste for music, that has come from his mother.
Featured Image by Aml Ameen / Instagram