Anahí Giovanna Puente Portilla
Baby Blue, Anny
Mexico City, Mexico
Anahi’s educational background is unknown.
Singer, songwriter, actress, record producer, dancer
- Father – Enrique Puente
- Mother – Marichelo Portilla
- Siblings – Marichelo Puente (Older Sister), Diana Puente (Older Half-Sister)
- Others – Leticia Coello (Mother-in-law)
Anahí is represented by the California-based The Sixth House Talent Management Company.
Latin pop, electropop, pop
Universal Music Latin Entertainment, Capitol Records
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anahí has dated –
- Alex Sirvent (1999-2004) – Mexican actor Alex Sirvent and Anahí met in 1999. They dated for 3 years before getting engaged in 2002. But, the relationship ended after remaining engaged for 2 years in 2004 before they could officially get married.
- Christopher Von Uckermann (2004-2005) – They worked together in the band RBD so it was natural that romance ensued. Unfortunately, not much is known about their time together except that they began dating in 2004 and called it quits the following year in 2005.
- Rodrigo (2007-2009) – Anahí began dating Rodrigo in October 2007. They were spotted arm-in-arm enjoying each other’s company on several occasions but the news of their break-up hit the media in April 2009.
- Anuar Name (2010-2011) – Anahí started dating Lebanese businessman Anuar Name in 2010. They met in Spain through common friends and instantly fell for each other. They were seen holidaying in Acapulco and seemed very much in love. However, their budding romance came to an end in 2011.
- Jack Duarte – It is rumored that Anahí hooked up with Mexican actor Jack Duarte who is almost 4 years younger than her.
- Jaime Camil – Anahí and Mexican actor Jaime Camil are rumored to have hooked up in the past. He is 9 years older to her.
- Manuel Velasco Coello (2012-Present) – Anahí and Manuel Velasco Coello, who is the governor of Chiapas, began dating in April 2012. The couple got engaged in October 2014 and tied the knot in a private religious ceremony on April 25, 2015. Their wedding took place in San Cristóbal de las Casas. Anahi announced on Instagram in September 2016 that they were expecting their first child together. She gave birth to a boy named Manuel on January 17, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Spanish ancestry from her father’s side and is of Mexican descent on her mother’s side.
- Gray eyes
- Wide smile
Anahí has done endorsement work for Snickers in 2011.
She hasn’t much publicly spoken about her religious views but her music has spiritual influences that confirm her religion to be Christianity.
Best Known For
- Being cast in some of the most popular telenovelas in Mexican television like Primer Amor – A Mil Por Hora (2000-2001) and Rebelde (2004-2006).
- Her solo music career as well as her stint in the Latin pop group RBD which sold over 60 million albums worldwide and became known as the most successful Latin pop group of all time.
She released her first self-titled album Anahí in 1993 at the age of 10. However, it is no longer considered an official album from Anahí’s discography but rather a promotional album.
As a member of the band RBD, their first album Rebelde was released in November 2004. The album did well and reached the #2 spot on the Latin Albums chart.
Anahí made her theatrical film debut in 1989 playing the role of young Maria in the film Había una vez una estrella (There was once a star).
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as a 2-year-old in the Mexican sketch and musical show Chiquilladas in 1986.
Anahí credits her enviable figure as a result of a consistent work out plan. She is known for her flat and toned abs and relies on cross crunches, lunge twists, belly curls, and standing side crunches over several reps to keep that belly trim and in shape.
- While filming Primer Amor, she weighed only 75 pounds and her weight loss had led to her passing out during a family vacation where her heart had stopped for 8 seconds.
- She has since spoken about her personal struggles with eating disorders like anorexia and has launched a campaign with Fundación Televisa against bulimia and anorexia.
- Anahí spoke about her battle with anorexia for National Geographic’s original production Obsession: Bodies That Scream in September 2011, discussing her 5-year-long struggle and eventual recovery.
- In 2006, 4 of her bank accounts were frozen by the tax administration of Mexico as they were under investigation for tax fraud. She was granted her accounts back in 2008, two of which were with Banamex and two with Scotiabank.
- Anahí was named as one of the “50 Most Beautiful People” by People en Español in 2010.
- A Barbie doll version of Anahí was released in 2007, along with Dulce Maria and Maite Perroni based on their characters in the 2004 telenovela Rebelde.
- Anahí suffered from a deviated septum which as per doctors, led to less oxygen being supplied to her brain in March 2011. This also caused her to suffer from several health conditions including a heart attack but she was successfully operated on later.
- She made into the list of “Maxim Hot 100” in 2012 with Maxim calling her a true triple threat Mexican beauty who can sing, act and also write hilarious tweets.
- Anahí became the Global Ambassador of the Non-Violence Project campaign “Imagine One Billion Faces For Peace” in October 2011. The campaign honors the legacy of late John Lennon and counts Sir Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and Yoko Ono as its notable ambassadors.
- She performed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London in an event presented by Yoko Ono for The Non-Violence Project.
- During the 2015 celebrations of the Grito de Dolores in Chiapas, Anahí was seen wearing a dress worth 120,000 pesos. She was widely criticized by the locals, who were the poorest State in the Union, for her extravagant display.
- She was a band member of RBD (abbreviated from Rebelde) from 2004 to 2009. Her bandmates included Mexican actors and singers Alfonso Herrera, Dulce María, Christian Chávez, Maite Perroni, and Christopher von Uckermann.
- RBD released 9 studio albums, in their short duration together, in Spanish, Portuguese, and English.
- Anahí’s 5th studio album Mi Delirio (first since her split from RBD) was released in November 2009. The album made her the second Mexican artist, after Thalía, to have a certified Gold album in Brazil.
- She has a clothing line under her name and is the owner of her own store called “Anahí World” located in Mexico.
- As a solo music artist, Anahí has sold more than 3 million albums worldwide.
- She became the First lady of Chiapas following her marriage to the governor of Chiapas, Manuel Velasco Coello in 2015.
- Visit her official website @ anahionline.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by MyBand Magazine / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0