|Anand Balraj Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Anand Balraj is an Indian actor who has appeared in more than two dozen films. He is particularly known for his work as Manuchand in Pardes (1997) and Inspector Sudhakar in Khalnayak (1993).
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Father – Balraj Vij (Actor)
- Siblings – Deepak Balraj Vij (Brother) (Film Director)
- Others – Kishori Shahane (Sister-In-Law) (Indian classical and folk dancer, actress)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anand has dated –
- Barkha Roy – Anand dated film producer Barkha Roy sometime in the late ’70s.
- Veena Kaur – He tied the knot with Veena Kaur sometime in the ’80s. Veena had been working as an air hostess/manager with Cathay Pacific at the time. She is the mother to a girl named Ajunee Kaur with whom she relocated to Hong Kong in the past. Not much is known about when their marriage ended.
- Jyotsna Singh – Anand had been engaged to actress Jyotsna Singh who is known for her appearance in Vishwatma (1992).
- Babita (1993) – Anand had been dating actress Babita in 1993.
Race / Ethnicity
He sports a brushed-up hairstyle.
Anand has appeared in commercials for various brands including Only Vimal.
Anand Balraj Facts
- His father was known under the stage name “Balraj” then later as “Sr. Balraj Vij”.
- Anand made his debut theatrical film appearance as Akhtar in Aage Barho in 1972.
- In 2012, Balraj directed and produced the romantic film Daal Mein Kuch Kaala Hai starring his wife Veena Malik which turned out to be a huge flop. Hence, he incurred a substantial amount of financial losses.
- A few months prior to October 2014, Anand had been involved in a serious accident after a taxi rammed into him at Marine Drive just as he was getting out of his car. After a long recovery in the hospital, he found himself in debt. It was actor Aditya Pancholi who called him casually only to find out about his condition and who then in turn contacted actor Salman Khan to help him pay the rest of the hospital bills and also financed a major surgery.
Featured Image By Anand Balraj / Instagram