|Kishori Shahane Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 23, 1968|
|Spouse||Deepak Balraj Vij|
Kishori Shahane is an Indian classical and folk dancer, actor, theatre artist, director, and producer who has worked in the Marathi-language film industry of India as well as in several television projects. She is known for her roles in shows and movies like Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahi, Mumbai Godfather, Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin, Shakti – Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki, Ek Daav Dhobi Pachhad, Ishq Mein Marjawan, Damini, Ghar Ek Mandir, Mohenjo Daro, Solhah Singaarr, Kabhie To Nazar Milao, Yahaan Mein Ghar Ghar Kheli, Waqt Batayega Kaun Apna Kaun Paraya, Everest, Sukh Mhanje Nakki Kay Asta, Rishta Likhenge Hum Naya, PM Narendra Modi, Pyar Ka Devta, Maza Pati Karodpati, Hafta Bandh, Red: The Dark Side, Benny and Babloo, Policegiri, Kahin Hain Mera Pyar, Shree Ganesh, Badlapur Boys, Simran, and Good Boy, Bad Boy. The actor has also been cast in many Marathi and Hindi language theatre productions which include Moruchi Maushi, Kandapohe Tuzya Ni Mazya Premache, Aadhe Adhure, Mi Tujhya Pathishi Ahe, Durga Jhali Gauri, and Mahanatya Sahyadri.
Kishori Shahane Vij
Bombay (later: Mumbai), Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Kishori Shahane attended Mithibai College, a college affiliated with the University of Mumbai. She was crowned Miss Mithibai at the college.
Dancer, Actor, Theatre Artist, Director, Producer
- Father – Prabhakar Shahane
- Mother – Vandana Shahane
- Others – Balraj Vij (Father-In-Law) (Actor), Anand Balraj (Brother-In-Law)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kishori Shahane has dated –
- Deepak Balraj Vij (1991-Present) – She started going out with director Deepak Balraj Vij while they were working together on the film Hafta Bandh in 1991 and they got married the same year. They have a son named Bobby Vij and she is stepmother to actor Varun Vij and Megha Vij Mahapatra.
Race / Ethnicity
She has often dyed her hair.
- High cheekbones
- Charming smile
Kishori Shahane Facts
- In 2003, she participated in the Mrs. Gladrags Beauty Pageant and wrapped up her journey as Mrs. Gladrags Runner-up.
- Kishori Shahane appeared as Kamla in the 2005 Bollywood film Mumbai Godfather directed by Deepak Balraj Vij.
- She brought to life the character of Bima, Sarman’s aunt, in the 2016 Hindi-language period action-adventure film Mohenjo Daro. The film stars Hrithik Roshan and Pooja Hegde and is a cinematic presentation based on the ancient Indus Valley civilization.
- She was cast as the mother of Praful Patel a.k.a. “Simran Murar – The Lipstick Bandit” in the 2017 Hindi-language heist drama film Simran, starring Kangana Ranaut.
- Kishori Shahane appeared as a contestant on Bigg Boss Marathi 2 in 2019 and was placed 5th.
- She enjoys dancing and has often made dance videos alongside her son.
- She portrayed the character of Indira Gandhi, the first female prime minister of India and a central figure of the Indian National Congress, in the 2019 Hindi-language biographical drama film PM Narendra Modi. It is loosely based on the life of Narendra Modi, the 14th Prime Minister of India.
- In 2020, Kishori Shahane started appearing as Bhavani Chavan, the matriarch of the Chavan family who is Nagesh’s widow, in the Hindi-language television romantic drama series Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0