|Andre Drummond Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 10, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Andre Drummond has steadily established himself as one of the finest centers in the National Basketball Association (NBA). He has been delivering performances that have helped him hit heights and records previously set by Dennis Rodman and Dwight Howard. At the NBA draft, he was one of the best-rated players. In his rookie season, he was amongst the best in the rookie players and has since matured as a player and has added consistency to his game.
Andre Jamal Drummond
Mount Vernon, New York, United States
He divides his time between Detroit, Connecticut and New York.
Andre Drummond went to the Woodrow Wilson Middle School. He later started his high school education at Capital Preparatory Magnet School in Hartford. After having studied for about 2 years, he shifted to St. Thomas More and graduated in 2011.
In 2011, he got enrolled at the University of Connecticut. However, he studied at the university for just a year.
Professional Basketball Player
- Mother – Christine Cameron
- Siblings – Ariana Drummond (Sister)
Andre Drummond is represented by Jeff Schwartz of Excel Sports Management.
0 – Detroit Pistons
6 ft 10 in or 208 cm
127 kg or 280 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andre Drummond has dated –
- Jennette McCurdy (2013) – In August 2013, Drummond was linked with actress and singer Jennette McCurdy based on their social media activity. He had initially revealed that he had a crush on McCurdy, which was followed up by some flirting on Twitter. Then, they met for a date and posted their pictures together on their respective social media accounts. However, their affair didn’t last beyond a couple of months.
- Jenna Shea (2015) – In May 2015, Drummond was linked with curvaceous model Jenna Shea after they were spotted hanging out together at the bowling alley. He claimed that there was nothing going on between them and had decided to take a photo just as a friendly gesture. However, she disputed his claims by releasing screenshots of their message conversations, which showed they had been in touch for quite some time and had exchanged some sleazy pictures as well.
- Candice Brook (2015) – The American media linked Andre Drummond with Instagram model Candice Brook in March 2015 after they had been reportedly spotted together in public on a couple of occasions.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Jamaican ancestry.
- Tall Height
Andre Drummond has appeared in a TV commercial for MHSAA Chocolate Milk.
Best Known For
- Being one of the best-rated and most sought-after basketball players in the high school class of 2011
- His strong performances for Detroit Pistons in NBA as he was also declared NBA All-Star in 2016
First Basketball Match
Drummond made his professional basketball debut in the 2012 season for Detroit Pistons.
First TV Show
In June 2016, Andre Drummond made his first TV show appearance in the Danish talk show, Go’ morgen Danmark.
During his offseason, Andre works very hard to make sure that he sheds all the unnecessary weight and is fit for the new season. He starts his day with lap runs on the track. Later, he gets on the bike for some more cardio work. It is followed by a rope jump, which along with improving his footwork, also improves his agility. In the evening, he heads to the beach to run a mile or 2. He believes that running on the beach improves endurance and lower body strength.
During the season, he reduces his cardio work as he has to run a lot in the games. He lays special emphasis on stretching to loosen up his muscles. Andre also focuses on improving his core strength as it helps reduce back problems. He performs a lot of variations of the plank. He also adds different versions of situps and pull-ups to his workout regime. Lastly, he performs yoga in the morning.
Andre has also included Every Minute on the Minute (EMOM) workout in his fitness regime. Basically, in this workout, he sprints for 45 seconds and then rests for the remaining 15 seconds. He repeats it for 20 minutes. He has also tried martial arts style high-intensity interval workout sessions.
To fuel his body for his grueling workout sessions and games, Drummond makes sure that he is eating right and healthy. He especially loves diving into a fruit bowl to boost his energy. He likes to snack on dried fruits and nuts.
Andre Drummond Favorite Things
- Childhood NBA Player – Michael Jordan
Source – ESPN.com
Andre Drummond Facts
- When he graduated from high school in 2011, he was rated as the #1 player in his class by ESPN. He was also given a similar rating by NBADraft.com.
- In the summer of 2010, Andre managed to win a gold medal with the U.S. team at the 2010 FIBA Under-17 World Championship. He delivered a great performance in the final match against Poland.
- Before he decided to join the University of Connecticut, he had entertained offers from Kentucky, Louisville, Georgetown, and West Virginia.
- After having studied for just a year in the university, he declared himself available for the NBA draft in April 2012. In the draft, he was picked by Detroit Pistons as the 9th overall pick.
- In his debut season in NBA, he was selected to the NBA All-Rookie Second Team. He also finished at the 4th spot in the voting for Rookie of the Year award.
- In November 2015, he became the 3rd player, only after Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Wilt Chamberlain, to have recorded 20/20 (points and rebounds) in 3 games out of the first 6 games of a season.
- In November 2015, he became the first Piston player to have won the player of the week in consecutive weeks.
- In July 2016, he signed a new contract with the Pistons. The 5-year contract was worth $130 million.
Featured Image by Erik Drost / Flickr / CC BY-2.0