Andrea McLean studied at Coventry University and graduated with BA honors in Modern Studies (which includes Politics, History, and International Relations) in 1991.
Later, she earned a postgraduate certificate in Periodical Journalism after which she decided to take a break for a year in Cairns, Australia.
Journalist, television presenter
- Father – Jack McLean (Novelist, Broadcaster, Columnist)
- Mother – Betty McLean
- Siblings – She has a sister.
Andrea is represented by Crown Talent and Media Group.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Andrea McLean has dated –
- Nick Green (2000–2003) – Nick Green had a 17-year long relationship with McLean, which started when they were only teenagers. The couple decided to get married in Kenya in 2000. McLean gave birth to her first child, son Finlay John in October 2001 in Greater London. It was later learned that Andrea had an affair with her co-presenter Our House‘s presenter, Steve Toms in 2003. But she chose to return to her husband to try and resolve their issues. However, Nick Greene decided to divorce McLean for adultery.
- Steve Toms (2003–2012) – The couple lived together in Ashtead, Surrey. Andrea gave birth to her second child, daughter Amy Jane Toms in November 2006. Steve proposed to Andrea during Loose Women’s summer break and they got married in August 2009. McLean later announced in January 2012 that they have grown apart and have decided to call it quits after trying to work on their failed marriage. She moved to her parents’ place and lived with them for a short while.
- Nick Feeney (2014–Present) – Andrea met Nick who is a businessman on a blind date which was set up by one of the makeup artists on her talk show, Loose Women. McLean announced about them moving in together in January 2016. Nick popped the question in Paris and she had announced that they were engaged on Loose Women on August 3, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Andrea is of Russian Jewish descent.
Andrea has a unique accent which is a crossover between Caribbean and Scottish because she grew up in Trinidad and Tobago.
34-26-35 in or 86-66-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
She has not endorsed any major brand.
She and her family do not follow the Jewish religion anymore.
Best Known For
Being the co-anchor on Loose Women, a daytime talk show by ITV.
In 2011, Andrew was seen in the thriller film A Landscape of Lies – Directors Cut in the role of Dr. Audrey Grey.
First TV Show
In June 1997, McLean joined GMTV as a weather presenter. She co-hosted GMTV Today with Ben Shephard and Eamonn Holmes.
Andrea has worked out under the presence of Ben Lee Baw.
As per her October 2017 Instagram post, she reduced the weight she was lifting at that time and started focusing more on stretching and yoga to ensure flexibility and to strengthen her core.
Andrew revealed that since she developed lactose intolerance in 1992, her diet is completely dairy free. Post her hysterectomy, she was very weak and could barely walk. She started working out slowly and gradually, to increase her strength.
Below is what her diet usually consists of –
- Breakfast – Brown toast with crunchy peanut butter, banana and honey.
- Lunch – An omelet of two eggs with cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and asparagus
- Dinner – Baked Salmon
- Snacks – Dates or figs
Andrea McLean Favorite Things
- TV Show – Modern Family
- Drink – Wine
- Store – Zara
- Actor – Julia Roberts
- Place – Any place near the sea
- Song – Reach for the Stars by S Club 7
- Restaurant – J Sheekey
- Cheat Food – Coco Pops
Andrea McLean Facts
- She was born in Scotland. However, her sister and she were raised and had spent most of their childhood in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Andrea’s father, Jack McLean was a writer, broadcaster and renowned columnist for nearly 30 years. He was also an art teacher, illustrator, copy-writer, musician, and restaurateur. Jack was a waiter, barman, and a chef earlier. He is a well-known author and has written 6 books.
- She loves making an espresso martini.
- She feels that the bravest thing she’s ever done is reverse bungee jump on ITV. She admitted to being really scared, but she went ahead with it because all the other women turned it down.
- Her family watches Modern Family every night before they hit the bed.
- She likes a perfect evening with comfortable clothes and a glass of wine in her hand and watching something good on TV.
- Andrea had her first kiss at the age of 13 with a boy named Alfred. She confessed that it was horrible.
- Andrea is very anxious and she would like to change that about herself.
- The first ever record she ever bought was Run To You by Bryan Adams.
- On September 21, 2016, Andrea announced that she would be undergoing a hysterectomy on September 22, 2016, and hence she would need to recover and be away from her show Loose Women for a couple of weeks.
- She loves sweets and cannot resist it. She was forced to give up sugar after her hysterectomy.
- She had once started a book club in her home to know her neighbors better. At that time, her fiancé Nick was hosting a poker club for the neighboring men while she was hosting the ladies.
- She has worked in a factory labeling clothes in the past. This was her worst job and she hated going to work.
- Her sister once gave her a jar for Christmas in which they put everything nice that happens so that at the end of the year, they can rejoice over all the happiness in the past.
- She has her own jewelry range on QVC known as Diamonique by Andrea McLean.
- She has written an autobiography titled Confessions of a Good Girl. It was #1 for two weeks on the Sunday Times Best Seller List.
- Visit her official website @ officialandreamclean.com.
- Join her on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Damien Everett / Flickr / CC BY 2.0