|Jules Sebastian Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||October 7, 1979|
Jules Sebastian is an Australian blogger, television presenter, makeup artist, stylist, and public speaker well-known for her self-titled lifestyle blog. She began her career in 2012 with MTV’s Style Me which established her as a popular TV presenter. Her understating of diverse fashion trends and her background as a trained makeup artist eventually landed her styling roles for celebrities like Mel B, Jessica Mauboy, The Veronicas, and Samantha Jade. In late 2013, Jules and her husband, Guy Sebastian started The Sebastian Foundation, intending to bring the warmth of family wherever it might be missing through economic disadvantage, illness or domestic violence. In 2014, she returned to TV in Seven Network’s feel-good transformation series, Bringing Sexy Back. She launched her YouTube channel, JulesSebastianTV in 2015. The channel primarily features the show Tea with Jules, which has long-form lifestyle interviews, rapid-fire questions, and Q&A with celebrities from different walks of life in a relaxed environment that aims to let guests share their life stories, challenges, and triumphs.
Jules regularly does consultancy for fashion brands and labels. She has also hosted and presented multiple events for some of Australia’s most iconic shows and brands. She is frequently invited to talk shows like the Today Show, The Morning Show, The Daily Edition, and The Kyle and Jackie O Show, where she shares professional tips in the realms of fashion and lifestyle. Jules is also a regular invitee on the public speaking circuit, where she talks on a plethora of topics including female empowerment, her career as a stylist, and balancing her varied career with her personal life.
Hope Valley, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Jules studied at Torrens Valley Christian School and Pedare Christian College in South Australia. After college, she went to the Adelaide Conservatorium of Music to study jazz music. She left after a year as she realized that she wanted something else as a career.
Blogger, Stylist, TV Presenter, Makeup Artist, YouTuber
- Father – Pat Egan
- Mother – Margaret Egan
- Siblings – Andrew Egan (Older Brother) (Died in 2008), Michael Egan (Younger Brother)
Jules is represented by –
- Jennifer Fontaine, Managing Director, Private Idaho Management
- Lauren Stamper, Private Idaho Management
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jules has dated –
- Guy Sebastian (1999-Present) – Jules had met singer Guy Sebastian when they were both in their early teens, singing at a wedding. They developed a special bond soon after and dated for a long time. They had a brief breakup when they split right after Guy had won the title of Australian Idol in 2003. However, Guy reunited with Jules and proposed to her in 2007 in Adelaide. They got engaged and were married on May 17, 2008, in Sydney. Jules and Guy got married at the Manly Chapel in Sydney. It is the same venue where Nicole Kidman married Keith Urban. They are parents to 2 sons named Hudson James Sebastian (b. 2012) and Archer Jones Sebastian (b. 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
- Sharp Australian Accent
- Radiant Smile
Jules has served as a brand ambassador for –
- Sanitarium’s Good Start Breakfast Club
- World Vision International
- The Red Cross
Jules has also endorsed some products on her website such as –
- voeu skincare
Best Known For
The eponymous lifestyle blog that she hosts on her official website and her YouTube show Tea with Jules
First TV Show
Jules started her TV career as a presenter and stylist in 2012 with MTV’s Style Me.
After the birth of her children, Jules found it tough to maintain her fitness. But, when her husband set a goal to pose topless for Men’s Health magazine, Jules decided to seize the opportunity. They signed up for a fitness program named 8 Weeks to Wow in late 2018. They began training for 6 days every week and cut out sugar, alcohol, and processed foods for the duration of the program. Jules learned to chuck her habit of snacking and replaced chocolate with fruits or a protein bar. The couple switched to a diet of fruits, vegetables, and light protein in small portions.
They also set up a small gym in their backyard, combining high-intensity cardio, resistance training, and weights. Jules also used to do sprints and workout on the treadmill, cross-trainer, and bike. In about 3 weeks, she could feel the difference in not just her fitness and energy levels, but also her mental strength, mood, and stamina.
Jules Sebastian Favorite Things
- Food – Avocado, Tuna Mornay
- Snacks – Carrot sticks, Hummus, Nuts, Paleo bars, Rice cakes with Peanut butter
- Books – What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey, Daring Greatly by Brené Brown, You Do You by Sarah Knight, Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle, Love Style Life
by Garance Doré, and The Beauty Guide by Libby Weaver
- Podcasts – Happier with Gretchen Rubin, Girlboss Radio with Sophia Amoruso, Pop Fashion, and Magic Lessons with Elizabeth Gilbert
Source – JessicaSepel.com, JulesSebastian.com
Jules Sebastian Facts
- As a teenager, Jules used to work as a waitress at McDonald’s.
- She had enrolled to study Fitness & Health after college and even started to work as a PT and aerobics instructor. However, she had to quit the job and career choice after persistent shin injuries.
- After leaving her job in the fitness industry, Jules worked full-time as a receptionist and pursued fashion in the evenings. This eventually landed her the job of assisting one of Australia’s top stylists and kick-started her career.
- Jules has worked with Glassons as a campaign consultant and Diva as a fashion advisor.
- In the past, Jules and The Sebastian Foundation donated sleeper beds to The Children’s Hospital at Westmead so that families could stay together through the course of a loved one’s treatment. The foundation also works on creating environments, gardens, and kitchens in several shelters for victims of domestic violence.
- Visit her official website @ julessebastian.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0