|Angelababy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||February 28, 1989|
Angela Yeung Wing
Angelababy, Yang Ying, Wing Yeung
Angelababy attended Notre Dame College in Hong Kong. She later studied at the Canossian Sacred Heart Business College.
Actress, model, singer
- Mother – Rowena Tung
- Siblings – Keven Yang Fan (Younger Brother)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Angelababy has dated –
- William Chan (2005-2009) – Angelababy and actor William Chan met while shooting a Disney program together in 2005. They were both starting out at the time but as they became famous, their busy work schedules left them with little time with each other. The couple broke up in 2009 after spending 5 years together.
- Huang Xiaoming (2010-Present) – It was revealed in February 2014 that Angelababy had been in a long-term relationship with Chinese actor Huang Xiaoming. They have an age gap of 11 years with Huang being her senior. The couple got officially married on May 27, 2015, after obtaining a marriage certificate in Qingdao, China. They held the wedding ceremony in Shanghai on October 8, 2015, which turned out to be the most lavish in China’s history estimated at around US$31 million. The spectacular event had her dressed in a Dior wedding gown with a 10-foot-tall wedding cake and a 6-carat wedding ring worth $1.5 million. The couple also gifted Meitu cell phones to their wedding guests. Angelababy gave birth to a baby boy on January 17, 2017. Their son nicknamed Little Sponge was born in the Hong Kong Adventist Hospital in Happy Valley, Hong Kong.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Han and German ancestry on her father’s side and is of Shanghainese descent on her mother’s side.
- Diamond-shaped face
- Dark brown eyes
Angelababy has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- TAG Heuer
- Mercedes-Benz Asia
- Maybelline New York The City Mini Palette (2017) (State of Mind Commercial)
- Dove Chocolates
Best Known For
Being a successful actress and model in the Chinese industry, having starred in hit films like Mojin: The Lost Legend in 2015.
As a Singer
She released her first Japanese single titled Beauty Survivor in 2010.
Angelababy made her theatrical film debut in a cameo role in Trivial Matters as Taya in 2007.
First TV Show
Her first appearance on the TV show was on the show Food Network Challenge in the “Food Magicians” episode as a food stylist in 2009.
Having given birth at the start of 2017, Angelababy wowed fans when she lost her pregnancy weight in a matter of months. She credited three healthy habits – daily exercise, good food, and a healthy routine for her enviable figure and beauty.
She prefers doing leg workouts to keep them slender and toned. For her meals, she sticks to high-fiber cereals, low-fat milk for breakfast and protein-rich meats for lunch and dinner. Also, she eats her dinner 5 hours before hitting the bed and gets enough sleep.
Angelababy Favorite Things
- Dish – French spring chicken in red wine sauce
- Singer – Jay Chou Chieh-lun
- Her stage name Angelababy comes from combining her name “Angela” with her nickname while growing up “Baby”.
- She was chosen as one of the New Four Dan Actresses of 2013 by the Southern Metropolis Daily along with Yang Mi, Ni Ni, and Liu Shishi.
- She developed an interest in fashion because of her father who was in the fashion business. From a young age, she would parade around in new clothes and enjoyed mixing and matching outfits.
- At age 13, she moved to Hong Kong and was signed by Style International Management after her classmates sent her a snapshot to the agency and she got selected as a model when she was 14 years old.
- Coming from a mixed cultural background, she is fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin, English, and Shanghainese.
- Her success in 2014 soared higher when she was placed on the 12th spot on the Forbes China Celebrity 100 list having an estimated income of 41 million yuan.
- She was voted as the “Weibo Queen” and “Weibo Goddess” for the year 2014.
- In 2016, having starred in the Hollywood big-budget film Independence Day: Resurgence, helped her land on the 27th spot on the list of Forbes’ inaugural 30 under 30 Asian celebrities under the film, music, television, and sport category.
- She is a savvy businesswoman having invested in several ventures like a nail parlor, a lifestyle store, and a café (with fellow Hong Kong actor Tony Leung Ka-fai).
- She is the owner of a venture capital fund, AB Capital, which was set up in 2015. She has also bought shares in Chinese overseas with the beverage brand HeyJuice and the e-commerce site Ymatou.
- Angelababy and Huang donated US$2.6 million in 2016 to a charity program that helps university graduates with employment or starting their own business.
- She was the youngest member to be included in the Hurun Philanthropy List in 2016.
- Angelababy is known to have worn braces earlier and her husband even joked that she looked like her ugly photos sans makeup.
- Beijing beauty clinic Ruili claimed in 2012 that Angelababy had undergone plastic surgery with her critics citing her earlier pictures as proof. Her face was scrutinized by professionals who after careful examination certified its authenticity. In 2015, she sued the company for damages worth 500,000 yuan ($79,000) in compensation.
- She worked as a backup dancer for Taiwanese musician Jay Chou during his 2007-2008 World Tour.
- As a model, she has participated in Japan’s TCG Fashion Show and has also walked the Tokyo Girls Collection 2010.
- Angelababy is the ambassador of China’s Panda Protection Research Centre and the Child Development Centre of China.
Featured Image by Angelababy / Instagram