|Anggun Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 29, 1974|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Anggun is an Indonesian-born French singer, songwriter, television personality, record producer, author, talent show judge, panelist, actress, and philanthropist who has established herself as one of the most successful Asian artists outside Asia. Throughout her career, she has released a number of albums and tracks such as Snow on the Sahara/Au nom de la lune, Chrysalis/Désirs contraires, Luminescence, Toujours un ailleurs, Au nom de la lune, La rose des vents, Counting Down, Echo (You and I), and What We Remember. She became the first Indonesian artist to have success on European and American record charts and has been a recipient of accolades like the Chevalier des Arts et Lettres from the Government of France, the World Music Award for “World’s Best-Selling Indonesian Artist”, and the Asian Television Award for “Outstanding Contribution to Asian Television Performing Arts”.
Anggun Cipta Sasmi
Anggun C. Sasmi
Anggun studied at a Catholic school and also took singing lessons.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Author, Talent Show Judge, Panelist, Actress, Television Personality, Philanthropist
- Father – Darto Singo (Javanese Writer)
- Mother – Dien Herdina (Housewife from the Yogyakartan Royal Family)
Rock, Pop-Rock, World, Pop, R&B, Urban, Dance
April Earth, Universal, Sony, TF1 Musique, Warner
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 lbs
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anggun has dated –
- Michel Georgea – In 1992, she got married to French engineer Michel Georgea. However, she faced criticism and reproach in Indonesia for allegedly marrying to advance her career and their relationship eventually ended in a divorce.
- Louis-Olivier Maury (2004-2006) – She met Louis-Olivier Maury in Canada and they married in 2004. The duo divorced in 2006.
- Cyril Montana (2010-2015) – She then married French writer Cyril Montana and they parent a daughter named Kirana Cipta Montana (b. November 8, 2007). In 2015, they got divorced.
- Christian Kretschmar (2018-Present) – On August 16, 2018, she married German musician and photographer Christian Kretschmar in Ubud, Bali.
Race / Ethnicity
Anggun is of Indonesian and Javanese descent.
- Charming smile
Anggun has done endorsement work for brands like Pantene Indonesia, etc.
She grew up a Muslim. While speaking at the Jakarta Convention Center, she said, “I was born in a Muslim country. I am Muslim. But I’m very concerned that my country is becoming backward in this way. Because Islam is known as a tolerant religion. I don’t support countries that frustrate the young generation.”
- In Balinese, her full name means “grace born of a dream”.
- Her debut studio album, Dunia Aku Punya, was released in 1986.
- Anggun has served as the global ambassador of the United Nations twice, first for the International Year of Microcredit in 2005 and then for the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) in 2009 onwards.
- In 2016, she became the first Indonesian woman to be immortalized in wax by Madame Tussauds.
- Some of Anggun’s musical influences include Guns N’ Roses, Bon Jovi, Megadeth, Sheila Chandra, Sting, David Bowie, and The Beatles.
Featured Image by Ueli Frey – www.drjazz.ch / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0