|Antara Mali Quick Info
|5 ft 5 in
|Date of Birth
|October 20, 1975
Antara Mali is an Indian actress, director, and screenwriter, who came to limelight with her small but significant role in Ram Gopal Verma’s film Mast (1999). She went on to appear in numerous other Bollywood movies such as Khiladi 420 (2000) and Company (2002), the latter fetching her a Filmfare Award nomination for “Best Supporting Actress”, and she has also starred in Telugu and Malayalam films like Ayyappantamma Neyyappam Chuttu (2000) and written and directed several including Mr Ya Miss (2005).
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
She passed out of high school and enrolled in college, but she discontinued her studies in order to pursue a career in acting.
- Father – Jagdish Mali (Photographer)
- Others – Shantanu Mali (Grandfather) (Painter)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Che Kurrien (2009-Present) – She tied the knot with the editor of GQ magazine, Che Kurrien, on June 12, 2009. They have a daughter (b. May 1, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
Antara Mali Favorite Things
- Actress – Madhuri Dixit
- Idol In Her Childhood – Madhuri Dixit
- Director She Worked With – Amol Palekar as she enjoyed giving herself up completely and perform according to the instructions of the legend
- Movies She Likes Working On – Unconventional ones as she is content to lie low and work on films that will make her proud of her filmography in the future
Antara Mali Facts
- Her parents split when she was a year old. She has affirmed that her father was a creative spirit who craved his independence and she was fine with how he never lived with her.
- She appeared in the shelved movie Dum Dum Diga Diga (1996).
- Antara had made her acting debut with the film Dhoondte Reh Jaaoge! (1998).
- Ram Gopal Varma was Mali’s frequent collaborator and she has starred in several of his films including Road (2002), and Darna Mana Hai (2003).
- She went bald to play the role of a monk in Amol Palekar’s movie …And Once Again (2010). She has revealed that when Palekar approached her saying that she would have to shave her head for the film, she became very excited and realized how lucky she was to get such an opportunity at the perfect time, as she was not committed to any other film and so would be able to do it. To play her role to perfection, she also interacted with monks when she was in Sikkim to learn about them including how they talk and the way they look.
- Antara has stated that she has been very happy and content after her marriage and disclosed that she had actually always thought that she would never get married.
Featured Image by Antara Mali Kurrien / Instagram