Anthony Dwane Mackie
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Anthony Mackie went to the Warren Easton Sr. High School.
In 1997, he graduated from North Carolina School of the Arts (NCSA) from their drama program.
He later got enrolled at the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts.
Finally, Anthony graduated from the drama division of Juilliard School in 2001.
- Father – Willie Mackie, Sr. (Carpenter and Owner of a roofing business)
- Mother – Martha Mackie
- Siblings – Calvin Mackie (Older Brother) (Associate Professor at Tulane University), Linda Nellie (Sister), Willie Mackie, Jr. (Brother), Maryane Holland (Sister)
- Others – Ledell Mackie, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Nellie Rayford (Paternal Grandmother)
Anthony Mackie is represented by United Talent Agency.
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anthony has dated –
- Sheletta Chapital (2005-Present) – Anthony Mackie first met his wife Sheletta Chapital in second grade. His parents had just got him enrolled in a good school and it was Dr. Seuss Day when he first saw her in pigtails. They became nearly inseparable after that. However, they did go separate ways for a brief period of time. They rekindled their relationship in 2009 after she met him in New Orleans, where he was helping rebuild homes in aftermath of the destructive cyclone. The same year, she gave birth to their son. In December 2014, they got married in an intimate ceremony in the Dominican Republic. The wedding was hosted at Hard Rock Hotel in Punta Cana and was attended by some 150 guests, comprising of close family members. They managed to keep wedding secret until July 2015. In November 2015, he revealed that they have welcomed third baby boy to their family. The birth year of his second son isn’t known.
Race / Ethnicity
- Goatee beard
- Gapped tooth
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15.5 in or 39.5 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
Anthony Mackie hasn’t done promotion work for any brand.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Falcon (Sam Wilson) in the movies shot in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Playing the role of iconic Martin Luther King, Jr. in the HBO TV film, All the Way
In 2002, Anthony made his first film appearance in Eminem’s autobiographical movie, 8 Mile.
First TV Show
In a 2002 episode, Anthony was first seen on the comedy show, As If as a bar patron.
To prepare for his role of a bodybuilder in the movie, Pain & Gain, Anthony had to adapt a pretty intense workout, which was centered on heavy lifting. Due to the shortage of time, he had to go for two-a-day workout sessions. The morning workout was reserved for light lifting and cardio and in evening, he lifted some serious weight. His workouts comprised of a lot of pushing and pulling.
He had basically divided his body into three groups –
- Chest and triceps
- Back and biceps
- Shoulders and legs.
Each day, he concentrated on a single group, which means he was working for each group twice a week. Sunday was reserved for complete rest to recover from intense lifting sessions.
He had to eat like a gym rat to complement his insane workout routine. He started out at 6 AM by eating 6 egg whites and an egg yolk. After that, he headed to the gym. After his workout, he had a protein packed smoothie, which had a protein shake, peanut butter, bananas and skimmed milk.
Also, he was having a meal after every three hours. Each of his meals comprised of fish, chicken or a turkey with half a cup of brown rice and green veggies. He allowed himself to have a cheat meal on Sunday night.
For snacking, he relied on unsalted almonds, string cheese, and boiled eggs.
Anthony Mackie Favorite Things
- Music Band – Earth, wind, and fire
- Greatest Songwriter – Lionel Richie
Source – Slash Film
Anthony Mackie Facts
- In summer of 2011, he inaugurated his bar, NoBar BKNY in Manhattan. He wanted a place for the whole community to hang around and watch a couple of games without having to pay over the top.
- He got his first breakthrough as an actor after he delivered a masterful performance as Tupac Shakur in Broadway play, Up Against the Wind. At that time, he was still studying at Juilliard School.
- Before he decided to pursue an acting career, he wanted to become an engineer.
- He got into a physical fight while auditioning for a movie with an unnamed rapper, who was going to direct the movie. The rapper had made a disparaging comment about his acting background.
- In one of his interviews, he revealed that he wasn’t happy with the new updated Falcon costume that was used in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) movies. He wanted movie producers to stick with red spandex costume, which Falcon wears in comics.
- He has portrayed the iconic rapper, Tupac Shakur, twice. First in the Broadway show and then 2009 flick, Notorious, which was made on the life of another legendary rapper, Notorious B.I.G.
- Anthony didn’t know that he was a part of the vaunted Avengers lineup until he saw the last scene of the movie, The Avengers: Age of Ultron. The movie producers never gave him the whole script nor revealed the context of his role in the MCU universe.
- He loves to indulge in skydiving and has done it for about half a dozen times.
- Join Anthony on Facebook and Twitter.