|Anthony Mackie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1978|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Anthony Mackie is an American actor, voiceover artist, producer, and writer who is best known for playing various characters in shows and movies like Sergeant J. T. Sanborn in The Hurt Locker, Perry in Brother to Brother, John Henry “Jack” Armstrong in She Hate Me, Marcus Washington in Night Catches Us, Harry Mitchell in The Adjustment Bureau, K-Luv (Keith) in Sucker Free City, Takeshi Kovacs in Altered Carbon, and Sam Wilson/Falcon in the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies.
Anthony Dwane Mackie
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Anthony Mackie went to the Warren Easton Sr. High School.
In 1997, he graduated from the North Carolina School of the Arts (NCSA) from their drama program.
He later got enrolled at the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts.
Finally, Anthony graduated from the drama division of Juilliard School in 2001.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Producer, Writer
- Father – Willie Mackie, Sr. (Carpenter and Owner of a roofing business named Mackie Roofing)
- Mother – Martha (née Gordon)
- Siblings – Calvin Mackie (Older Brother) (Associate Professor at Tulane University), Linda Nellie (Sister), Willie Mackie, Jr. (Brother), Maryane Holland (Sister)
- Others – Ledell Mackie, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Nellie Rayford (Paternal Grandmother)
Anthony Mackie is represented by –
- Inspire Entertainment, Llc., Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anthony Mackie has dated –
- Sheletta Chapital (2005-2017) – Anthony Mackie first met his wife Sheletta Chapital in second grade. His parents had just got him enrolled in a good school and it was Dr. Seuss Day when he first saw her in pigtails. They became nearly inseparable after that. However, they did go separate ways for a brief period of time. They rekindled their relationship in the year 2009 after she met him in New Orleans, where he was helping rebuild homes in the aftermath of the destructive cyclone. The same year, she gave birth to their son. In December 2014, they got married in an intimate ceremony in the Dominican Republic. The wedding was hosted at Hard Rock Hotel in Punta Cana and was attended by some 150 guests, comprising of close family members. They managed to keep the wedding secret until July 2015. In November 2015, he revealed that they have welcomed a third baby boy to their family. The birth year of his second son isn’t known. The duo became parents for the 4th time before amicably parting ways in 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Goatee beard
- Gapped tooth
His body specifications maybe –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15.5 in or 39.5 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Falcon (Sam Wilson) in the movies shot in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Playing the role of iconic Martin Luther King, Jr. in the HBO TV film, All the Way
In 2002, Anthony made his first film appearance in Eminem’s autobiographical movie, 8 Mile.
First TV Show
In a 2002 episode, Anthony was first seen on the comedy show, As If as a bar patron.
To prepare for his role as a bodybuilder in the movie, Pain & Gain, Anthony had to adapt a pretty intense workout, which was centered on heavy lifting. Due to the shortage of time, he had to go for two-a-day workout sessions. The morning workout was reserved for light lifting and cardio and in the evening, he lifted some serious weight. His workouts comprised of a lot of pushing and pulling.
He had basically divided his body into three groups –
- Chest and triceps
- Back and biceps
- Shoulders and legs.
Each day, he concentrated on a single group, which means he was working for each group twice a week. Sunday was reserved for complete rest to recover from intense lifting sessions.
He had to eat like a gym rat to complement his insane workout routine. He started out at 6 AM by eating 6 egg whites and egg yolk. After that, he headed to the gym. After his workout, he had a protein-packed smoothie, which had a protein shake, peanut butter, bananas, and skimmed milk.
Also, he was having a meal every three hours. Each of his meals comprised of fish, chicken, or a turkey with half a cup of brown rice and green veggies. He allowed himself to have a cheat meal on Sunday night.
For snacking, he relied on unsalted almonds, string cheese, and boiled eggs.
Anthony Mackie Favorite Things
- Music Band – Earth, wind, and fire
- Greatest Songwriter – Lionel Richie
Source – SlashFilm.com
Anthony Mackie Facts
- In the summer of 2011, he inaugurated his bar, NoBar BKNY in Manhattan. He wanted a place for the whole community to hang around and watch a couple of games without having to pay over the top.
- He got his first breakthrough as an actor after he delivered a masterful performance as Tupac Shakur in Broadway play, Up Against the Wind. At that time, he was still studying at Juilliard School.
- Before he decided to pursue an acting career, he wanted to become an engineer. When asked in an interview that why did he choose acting over a career in engineering, he replied, “You never see girls running after engineers.”
- He got into a physical fight while auditioning for a movie with an unnamed rapper, who was going to direct the movie. The rapper had made a disparaging comment about his acting background.
- In one of his interviews, he revealed that he wasn’t happy with the new updated Falcon costume that was used in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) movies. He wanted movie producers to stick with red spandex costume, which Falcon wears in comics.
- He has portrayed the iconic rapper, Tupac Shakur, twice. First in the Broadway show and then 2009 flick, Notorious, which was made on the life of another legendary rapper, The Notorious B.I.G.
- Anthony didn’t know that he was a part of the vaunted Avengers lineup until he saw the last scene of the movie, The Avengers: Age of Ultron. The movie producers never gave him the whole script nor revealed the context of his role in the MCU universe.
- He loves to indulge in skydiving and has done it for about half a dozen times.
- In 2018, he provided vocals to the video game NBA 2K19.
- He co-starred as Hakim Jamal in the 2019 political thriller film, Seberg.
- He appeared as Takeshi “Tak” Kovacs in the cyberpunk web television series, Altered Carbon, in 2020.