|Antoine Griezmann Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8¼ in|
|Date of Birth||March 21, 1991|
Antoine Griezmann is a French professional footballer who is best known for his career as a forward for La Liga club Atlético Madrid and the France national team. In the past, he has also been a part of teams like Real Sociedad and Barcelona. During the course of his career, he has won tournaments such as Segunda División, Copa del Rey, Supercopa de España, UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Europa League, UEFA European Under-19 Championship, UEFA Nations League, FIFA World Cup, and has been the recipient of honors such as La Liga‘s “Best Player”, La Liga‘s “Favorite player for the fans”, Trophées UNFP for “Best French Player playing Abroad”, UEFA European Championship‘s “Player of the Tournament”, “French Player of the Year”, and many more.
Antoine attended a school in the city of Bayonne.
- Father – Alain Griezmann
- Mother – Isabelle Griezmann
- Siblings – Theo Griezmann (Younger Brother), Maude Griezmann (Sister)
Antoine is signed with Grupo Santos Idub.
Striker / Forward
5 ft 8¼ in or 173.5 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Antoine Griezmann dated –
- Erika Choperena (2014-Present) – In 2014, Griezmann started a relationship with a Spanish girl named Erika Choperena. In 2015, the couple reported that they were going to have a child and welcomed a daughter named Mia on April 8, 2016. They got married on June 15, 2017. They also have a son named Amaro (b. April 8, 2019) and a daughter named Alba (b. April 8, 2021).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Alsatian descent.
He sometimes dyes his hair “Light Brown”.
- Blue Eyes
Antoine has appeared in multiple TV adverts for Puma and their partner Intersport.
In the past, he has also served as the brand ambassador for Head & Shoulders shampoo, Gillette, Huawei, and Yu-Gi-Oh!
Griezmann believes in god.
He has a tattoo of Jesus on his right arm.
Best Known For
His passion for the game of football, his passing skills and the all-rounded contribution he does for his team.
First Football Match
On September 2, 2009, he debuted for Real Sociedad in a Copa del Rey match against Rayo Vallecano.
He had his Primera Division debut on August 29, 2010, in a 2-1 loss to Real Madrid.
Griezmann first performed for Atletico Madrid on August 19, 2014, in a draw with Real Madrid. He had entered the game as a substitute in the 57th minute.
On March 5, 2014, Antoine gained his first official cap after he performed in a 2-0 victory against the Netherlands.
- Scoring skills
- Long shots
- Aerial duels
The French international is not recognized as a hard worker. Many times, he has been in situations where he had to sit out of football matches because of coming late and partying all night in the middle of the season even if that’s against the rules of the club he plays for.
We find this to be one of the biggest reasons why we were not able to find even a single detail about his football workouts.
In conclusion, Griezmann is one of those god-gifted players whose primary and driving skill is his passion.
Antoine Griezmann Facts
- He was a part of the U-19, U-20, and U-21 French national teams.
- Griezmann won the 2010 UEFA European U-19 Football Championship under France.
- He has a Germanic surname.
- Antoine shifted to Spain when he was 14.
- At a young age, Antoine was rejected by several French clubs because of his size and for being lightweight.
- Griezmann was a part of the Real Sociedad’s youth categories for four years before he was called to the senior team.
- He signed his first professional deal on April 8, 2010, for a period of 5 years including a release clause worth 30 million euros.
- Antoine wears SpongeBob underwear.
- Griezmann is a passionate gamer. In June 2014, he was seen with an X-Box One at the French airport.
- His primary leg is left.
- Before the Frenchman reached an agreement with Real Sociedad, he was also wanted by Manchester United, Arsenal, Lyon, Saint-Etienne, and Auxerre.
- On July 29, 2014, Griezmann signed a six-year deal with the Spanish club Atletico Madrid after the club agreed to pay the release clause to Real Sociedad.
- He was named La Liga Player of the Month for January 2015.
- In November 2012, Griezmann got a 1-month ban together with 4 other youth players from the French national team because of attending a late-night party before the training day.
- On June 1, 2014, Antoine scored his first international goal in a draw match against Paraguay.
- Griezmann’s sister survived the Paris attacks at the Bataclan theatre which happened in November 2015. That evening, Antoine played for the French squad against Germany at the Stade de France stadium.
- With $33 million in earnings, Antoine was the 7th highest-paid soccer player of 2020 as per Forbes magazine. Lionel Messi topped the list with $126 million in earnings.
- In January 2020, he announced the launch of his esports organization, Grizi Esport.