|Aoife Hinds Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||1991|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Aoife Hinds is a British actress who is best known for her portrayal of Jeanie on The Commuter, Helen in Normal People, Lyla in The Feed, and Tisha in Immortality. However, she had initially garnered her fame as the daughter of actor and singer Ciarán Hinds and his beau actress Hélène Patarot.
She was born in the year 1991.
She divides her time between London and Paris.
Aoife graduated with a Master of Arts in acting from the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama in 2016.
Later, in 2016, she enrolled at the Conservatoire National in Paris and finished her studies from there in 2017.
She wanted to study drama at Trinity College Dublin, however, her application was refused.
- Father – Ciarán Hinds (Actor, Singer)
- Mother – Hélène Patarot (Actress)
- Others – Gerry Hinds (Paternal Grandfather) (Doctor), Moya Hinds (Paternal Grandmother) (Amateur Actress, Schoolteacher). She has 4 paternal aunts.
She is represented by Kate Buckley at 42 Management.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White & Asian)
She has Irish ancestry on her father’s side and French and Vietnamese ancestry on her mother’s side.
She has a beauty spot under her lower lip.
Aoife Hinds Facts
- Hinds was brought up in Paris.
- She is bilingual and can fluently speak in both French and English.
- Aoife got her big break in the entertainment industry with her role as Mae Chung in Derry Girls in 2019. It included the likes of stars Jamie-Lee O’Donnell, Saoirse-Monica Jackson, Nicola Coughlan.
- She has lent her vocals to commercials including Apple‘s iPhone XR, Galaxy, and L’Oreal Paris Studio Line.
- Aoife loves to spend much of her time in Dublin. As a child, she would also love to travel to Belfast and Cushendall to meet her family.
- She credits her father for supporting her through to becoming an actress.
- Her father Ciarán played the role of Aberforth Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2. However, he was replaced by Jim McManus.
- Aoife once stated that growing up, she was surrounded by actors and never really had a deciding moment of wanting to become an actress.
- Initially, she had decided to study international relations at a university.
Featured Image By Evoke