|Jaime King Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 23, 1979|
Jaime King is an American actress, model, voiceover artist, producer, writer, and activist who was discovered when she was 14 years old. She then went on to model for the fashion giants like Chanel, Alexander McQueen, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Christian Dior. She is also known for her acting roles in shows and movies including Gary Unmarried, Kitchen Confidential, Hart of Dixie, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, The Class, Black Summer, Silent Night, The Pardon, Pearl Harbor, Happy Campers, Cheaper by the Dozen 2, Ice Cream in the Cupboard, and Transformers: Power of the Primes.
James King, Jai
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
King attended Westside High School in Omaha, Nebraska, but dropped out in 1995. Later, she enrolled herself in the University of Nebraska‘s home-study program.
Jaime also went to modeling school, Nancy Bounds’ Studios.
Actress, Model, Voiceover Artist, Producer, Writer, Activist
- Father – Robert King
- Mother – Nancy King (Former Beauty Queen)
- Siblings – Sandi (Older Sister), Barry (Younger Sister), Robert (Robbie) (Younger Brother)
As a model, she was signed to these modeling agencies –
- Next Model Management – New York
- Next Model Management – Los Angeles
She has also been represented by Management Production Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jaime King has dated –
- Davide Sorrenti (1996-1997) – Italian fashion photographer, Davide Sorrenti dated Jaime King from 1996 to 1997. He was 20 and Jaime was 17 at that time. But, Davide died at 20 due to a kidney ailment brought on by excessive heroin use. King, then went to rehabilitation at 19 as she was also addicted to both alcohol and drugs.
- Kid Rock (2000) – Musician Kid Rock and Jaime met during MTV Fashionably Loud 1999. They were RUMORed to be dating briefly in 2000.
- Paul Walker (2000) – Jaime and actor Paul Walker (now died) were RUMORed to have had an encounter in 2000.
- Seann William Scott (2002-2003) – From July 2002 to 2003, the actors Seann William Scott and Jaime King dated each other.
- Kyle Newman (2005-2020) – King commenced dating American film director, Kyle Newman in January 2005 after meeting him on the set of Fanboys. After 2 years, on May 30, 2007, the couple got engaged. They married on November 23, 2007, in Los Angeles at Greystone Park and Manor. On October 6, 2013, King gave birth to the couple’s first child, son James Knight Newman. They also have a son named Leo Thames Newman. In May 2020, she filed for divorce and also filed a domestic violence prevention petition.
Race / Ethnicity
Jaime King is of English descent.
Golden blonde hair
35-26-36 in or 89-66-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
She has advertised for many brands such as Bebe, Benetton, Cesare Paciotti, Coach, Express Jeans, Guess, Guinot, Kenneth Cole, Macy’s, Matsuda, Martini, Mondi, Nordstrom, Revlon, Rocawear, Triton, Tweeds, and Victoria’s Secret.
Best Known For
- Appearing in lead roles in Sin City (2005) and My Bloody Valentine 3D (2009)
- She is also known for playing the female lead, Lemon Breeland in The CW’s dramedy Hart of Dixie.
First Fashion Show
She first appeared in Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 1995 fashion show where she modeled for Gucci.
She debuted with the 2001 comedy film Happy Campers for her role as Pixel. In the film, she was credited with her model name, James King.
First TV Show
In 2005, King guest appeared in Fox’s teen drama The O.C. for her role as Mary-Sue in an episode titled “The Return of the Nana.”
She had also appeared in the unaired pilot of “Harry Green and Eugene” in 2004.
She does hiking with her husband and children. Apart from hiking, when she strolls with her child James, she not only does walking but at the same time works on the core and arms as she is pushing the stroller.
She also follows Ballet Beautiful DVDs from Mary Helen Bower.
She does not diet anymore now because it did not work for her when she had a thyroid imbalance a couple of years ago.
Jaime King Facts
- Her parents split in 1994. She was 15 at that time.
- In 1993, when she was 14, she got discovered by a Nebraska modeling school.
- Jaime is named after The Bionic Woman‘s character Jaime Sommers.
- In 1998 and 1999, she appeared in Victoria’s Secret fashion show.
- Jaime is the sister-in-law of Kevin M. Newman.
- In 2001, she received the Young Hollywood Award for “New Stylemaker – Female”.
- She used her name as “James King” in the modeling profile rather than her real name “Jaime King” to make her distinct from the more famous model Jaime Rishar at that time.
- She has different tattoos on her body.
- King appeared in the 2002 Pirelli Calendar.
- In 2011, she directed two short movies titled “The Break In” and “Latch Key.”
- She struggles with endometriosis and polycystic ovary syndrome and suffered five miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy prior to her first successful pregnancy.
- She had been featured in many music videos like Lana Del Rey‘s Summertime Sadness, The Fray’s Never Say Never, Robbie Williams‘ Sexed Up, Incubus’ Wish You Were Here, and a lot more.
- Her son James’ godparents are Topher Grace and Jessica Alba while Taylor Swift is the godmother of her son Leo.
- She co-starred as Dr. Giselle Cohen in the 2019 independent biographical romantic drama film, Ice Cream in the Cupboard, which premiered at the 2019 Rhode Island International Film Festival, where it won “Best Feature Film – Narrative”.
- She brought to life the character of Rose, a mother who is separated from her daughter during the earliest and most deadly days of a zombie apocalypse, in the Netflix action apocalyptic fiction drama series, Black Summer, in 2019.