|Aparna Balamurali Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 11, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Aparna Balamurali is an Indian actress, classical dancer, and playback singer who has mostly worked in Malayalam and Tamil cinema. She is known for playing Sumathi in Theethum Nandrum, Jimsy Augustine in Maheshinte Prathikaaram, Sundari (Bommi) in Soorarai Pottru, Anu in Sunday Holiday, Amritha Unnikrishnan in Oru Second Class Yathra, Achama Varghese in Kamuki, Chaachante Muth in Jeem Boom Bhaa, Poornima in Mr. & Ms. Rowdy, Priya in B. Tech, Anupama Neelakandan in Sarvopari Palakkaran, and Sara in Sarvam Thaala Mayam.
Thrissur, Kerala, India
Aparna Balamurali attended the Global Institute of Architecture in Palakkad and studied architecture. She has also been trained in Indian classical music and classical dance styles such as Bharatanatyam, Mohiniyattam, and Kuchipudi.
Actress, Classical Dancer, Playback Singer
- Father – K. P. Balamurali (Music director who has composed several musical albums)
- Mother – Sobha Balamurali (Lawyer who has also worked as a playback singer in some Malayalam films)
- Sibling – Vishnu Parayil (Older Brother) (Entrepreneur)
- Others – K. P. Udayabhanu (Paternal Great-Uncle) (Playback Singer, Music Composer)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Through her presence on social media, Aparna Balamurali has done endorsement work for several brands including Vilvah, Daniel Wellington, and RAW MANGO.
Aparna Balamurali Facts
- She was 18 years old when she started her acting career.
- She co-starred as Jimsy Augustine, a college student, in the 2016 Malayalam-language comedy-drama film, Maheshinte Prathikaaram. This role won Aparna many accolades including Mirchi Music Awards South for “Upcoming singer (Female)”, Asianet Comedy Award for “Best Actress”, and North American Film Award for “New Sensational Heroine”.
- Her performance in Maheshinte Prathikaaram also got her nominated for “Best Supporting Actress – Malayalam” at Filmfare Awards South.
- Aparna Balamurali played the role of Sundari “Bommi” Nedumaaran, Maara’s wife, in the 2020 Tamil-language drama film, Soorarai Pottru. Her performance in the film won her the JWF Movie Award for “Best Actress in a Lead Role” as well as Behindwoods Digital Award for “Best Actress”.
- Aparna’s singing credits include having been a part of songs like Mannippaya Ena Ketkadhe from 8 Thottakkal, Mounangal Mindumoree from Maheshinte Prathikaaram, Thennal Nilavinte from Oru Muthassi Gadha, Vinnil Theliyum Meghame from Pa Va, and Mazha Paadum from Sunday Holiday.
Featured Image by Aparna Balamurali / Instagram