|Asher Roth Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 11, 1985|
Asher Roth is an American rapper who has released the solo studio albums Asleep in the Bread Aisle (April 2009), RetroHash (April 2014), and Flowers on the Weekend (April 2020). The first of those albums had peaked within the ‘Top 5’ of the US, US R&B, and US Rap charts and had been certified ‘Gold’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). He has released the mixtapes Believe the Hype (August 2006), The Greenhouse Effect Vol. 1 (June 2008), Seared Foie Gras with Quince and Cranberry (March 2010), Pabst & Jazz (December 2011), The Greenhouse Effect Vol. 2 (June 2013), and The Greenhouse Effect Vol. 3 (September 2021). He has also published the EPs Just Listen (April 2005), The Rawth EP (December 2010), Rawther (February 2016), and GEV3-Piece (August 2021). He had first come into the spotlight in 2009 after the release of his debut single titled I Love College which had been certified ‘Double Platinum’ by the RIAA.
Asher Paul Roth
Morrisville, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, United States
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Asher had attended the Pennsbury High School, a public school in Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania. After his high school graduation, he had joined West Chester University, a public university in Chester County, Pennsylvania. There, he had majored in elementary education.
- Father – David Roth (Executive Director of a Design Firm)
- Mother – Elizabeth Roth (née McConnell) (Yoga Instructor)
- Others – Paul Roth (Paternal Grandfather), Joseph Asher McConnell (Maternal Grandfather), Susan M. McKinney (Maternal Grandmother)
Rap, Hip Hop, Alternative Hip Hop
- Universal Motown Records
- Street Records Corporation (SRC)
- Schoolboy Records
- Federal Prism
- Pale Fire
- RetroHash LLC
Asher Roth’s net worth had been $2 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Asher has dated –
- Anna Brothman
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish, English, Scottish, Irish, French, and German descent.
- Slender frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Often sports a mustache
Asher Roth Facts
- While he was studying at West Chester University, Asher used to record verses over the popular production of other rappers. In his sophomore year, he had posted some of his verses on the social networking service MySpace and had sent a friend request to Scott Samuel ‘Scooter’ Braun, an Atlanta-based music promoter.
- Scooter had responded and after talking to him, Asher had traveled to Atlanta where he had been immediately signed by Scooter who would also become his manager.
- In late 2008, he had been included in American hip hop magazine XXL‘s 2009 ‘Freshman Class’, an annual compilation of 10 artists-to-watch who are all featured on the cover of the magazine.
- His debut solo studio album, titled Asleep in the Bread Aisle, had been released on April 20, 2009, in honor of the cannabis subculture’s ‘420 holiday’ (cannabis culture slang for marijuana and hashish consumption, especially smoking around the time 4:20 p.m.). He is open about his use of cannabis and has often spoken out in favor of the legalization of cannabis.
- In 2016, he had returned to his home state of Pennsylvania after spending years in Atlanta, New York, and Los Angeles.
Featured Image by Asher Roth / Instagram