|Aurelia Dobre Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||November 16, 1972|
Aurelia Dobre is a well-reputed former artistic gymnast and Olympian who won a gold in the “All-Around” category at the 1987 World Artistic Gymnastics Championship. Besides that, she achieved a bronze medal in the “Vault” as well as “Floor exercise” category and a 2nd gold medal in the “Balance beam,” hence, earning the number 1 spot during the championship. On the other hand, she is also popularly known to be the mother of YouTubers, musicians, and singers “The Dobre Brothers”, twins Marcus and Lucas, as well as Cyrus and Darius. With time, she has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 600k followers on Instagram.
She divides her time between Romania and the United States.
Olympian, Former Artistic Gymnast
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
During her career-high, she weighed 42 kg or 93 lbs.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Aurelia has dated –
- Fariborz Mofid (1992-Present) – The couple got married in 1992 and they have 4 sons named Cyrus Dobre (b. March 9, 1993), Darius Dobre (b. August 2, 1995), and twins Marcus and Lucas Dobre (b. January 28, 1999).
Race / Ethnicity
- She has a beauty spot near her nose.
- Thin eyebrows
- Upturned eyes
Aurelia Dobre Facts
- She was raised in Romania. Later, she moved to the United States in 1991 where she met her now-husband Fariborz Mofid and tied the knot with him in 1992.
- Aurelia was crowned the 1987 world gymnastics all-around champion. She was 14 years old at the time.
- She has won first place in the balance beam championship and attained bronze in vault championship.
- In 1987, during her stint in “The 24th Artistic Gymnastics World Championships,” she had scored 5 perfect 10’s.
- She helped contribute to the winning of a silver medal during the “1988 Summer Olympics” as well as in the team all-around championship in the “1989 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships.”
- In 1988, Aurelia suffered a knee injury that tragically put an end to her professional career for good. However, determined to make a comeback, she took part in the Seoul Olympics but stood at number 6 in the all-around. Besides that, she suffered from a second major injury.
- Aurelia and her husband Boz founded the “Dobre Gymnastics Academy” in Baltimore, Maryland in the past. Boz is also the owner of the “Fit ‘n Fun” gym as well as a former gymnast coach for the Iranian national team.
- She credits her parents for her success as they signed her up for gymnastics classes and provided her with the necessary training. She was 5 years old when her parents enrolled her in it.
- Aurelia sought inspiration from former gymnast Nadia Comăneci.
- In the past, Aurelia was considered to be the youngest gymnast to become the youngest world all-around champion as she was 14 years and 352 days. However, it was later found that former Soviet gymnast Olga Bicherova’s age had been forged during the “1981 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships” and she was only 13 years of age when she won the all-around title.
- She was inducted at the “International Gymnastics Hall of Fame” in May 2016.
- During the Romanian Gymnastics Federation’s 100-year celebration, she was given an award.
Featured Image By Aurelia Dobre / Instagram
She has two sons that are twins they are all sooo nice!⭐️