|Mamta Mohandas Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 14, 1984|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mamta Mohandas is an Indian-Bahraini actor, film producer, playback singer, model, and entrepreneur who has mainly worked in Malayalam films along with Tamil and Telugu productions. Her acting credits include movies such as Mayookham, Sivappathigaram, My Boss, Bus Conductor, Lanka, Madhuchandralekha, Big B, Victory, King, The Thriller, Baba Kalyani, Krishnarjuna, Gooli, Kedi, Chintakayala Ravi, Anwar, Karayilekku Oru Kadal Dooram, Ladies and Gentleman, Jawan of Vellimala, Paisa Paisa, Passenger, Kadha Thudarunnu, To Noora with Love, Crossroad, Udaharanam Sujatha, Two Countries, Kodathi Samaksham Balan Vakeel, Sunny, 9, Bhramam, Enemy, Forensic, Johny Johny Yes Appa, Varsham, Celluloid, and Thoppil Joppan.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Mamta Mohandas studied at the Indian School in Bahrain until 2002. Afterward, she got enrolled at Mount Carmel College (MCC) located in Bangalore, India, and pursued a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
Also, she has received training in Karnatic and Hindustani music.
Actor, Film Producer, Playback Singer, Model, Entrepreneur
- Father – Mohandas
- Mother – Ganga
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mamta Mohandas has dated –
- Prajith Padmanabhan (2011-2012) – Bahrain-based businessman Prajith Padmanabhan and Mamta Mohandas got engaged on November 11, 2011, and soon they married on December 28, 2011, in Thalassery, Kerala, India. However, their marriage was a short one as the duo filed for divorce on December 12, 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
Mamta Mohandas is of Malayali descent.
She has often dyed her hair.
A tattoo on the top of her left arm
Mamta Mohandas has done print adverts for brands like IBM and Kalyan Kendra.
She served as the brand ambassador of 2011 Kochi International Fashion Week (KIWF).
Alongside actor Bhavana, Mamta was the brand ambassador for the team Kerala Strikers for the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL) held in 2013.
Mamta Mohandas Facts
- Her family hails from Kannur in Kerela, India.
- She made her Malayalam film debut as Indira in the 2005 film Mayookham.
- In 2006, Mamta Mohandas made her Tamil debut by playing the character named Charulatha in the political action film Sivappathigaram.
- Her Telugu debut came in the 2007 fantasy action comedy film Yamadonga, in which she appeared as Dhanalakshmi.
- For her Kannada debut, Mamta Mohandas was cast as Ramya in the 2008 action film Gooli.
- Since 2010, she has battled Hodgkin lymphoma and is a cancer survivor. She experienced a relapse of cancer in April 2013 and underwent cancer treatment at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Mamta Mohandas co-starred as Vidyalakshmi in the 2010 Malayalam-language drama film Kadha Thudarunnu and this role won her numerous accolades including the Asianet Film Award for “Best Popular Actress”, South Indian Filmfare Award for “Best Actress”, and Vanitha Film Award for “Best Actress”.
- In 2012, she brought to life the character of Priya S. Nair in the Malayalam-language romantic comedy-drama film My Boss, inspired by the American film The Proposal (2009) starring Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock. For this performance, she bagged the Asianet Film Award for “Best Popular Actress”.
- She has modeled for Mysore Maharajah and Raymonds.
- Mamta Mohandas’ own production company Mamta Mohandas Productions was launched on November 14, 2020.
- As a singer, she has worked on a number of songs including Akalesthe Annam Pedtha, Daddy Mummy, Karuppana Kannazhagi, Hei Diddle, Thedal, Yey Mister Ninne, Kalai, Kan Thurannoru Kalyani, Andamaina Manasulo, King, Mia, Olammi Tikkareginda, and Rakhi Rakhi.
- In January 2023, Mamta revealed that she was diagnosed with the auto-immune disorder called vitiligo in which she was losing her skin color.
Featured Image by Red FM Malayalam / YouTube / CC BY 3.0