|Dayanara Torres Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||October 28, 1974|
Dayanara Torres is a Puerto Rican actor, singer, model, writer, and beauty queen who won Miss Universe 1993. In addition to that, she has also been cast in various shows and movies such as Linda Sara, Basta’t Kasama Kita, Type Kita Walang Kokontra, The Nail: The Story of Joey Nardone, 200 Cartas, Access Hollywood, The Young and the Restless, ASAP, La Cenicienta, Ang Probinsyano, and Watch Over Me. Moreover, Dayanara Torres has also served as an ambassador for UNICEF.
Dayanara Torres Delgado
Yari, Dancing Queen
Villalba, Puerto Rico
Los Angeles, California, United States
Dayanara completed her studies from El Colegio Santa Rosa in Bayamón, Puerto Rico.
She wanted to become an orthodontist but did not get a chance to attend college.
Actor, Singer, Model, Writer
- Father – José Torres López
- Mother – Luz Delgado
- Siblings – Jose Torres (Older Brother), Joey Torres (Older Brother), Jeannette Torres (Younger Sister)
Latin pop, dance
Her net worth had been $5 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
58 kg or 128 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dayanara Torres has dated –
- Osvaldo Ríos (1994-1995) – Dayanara Torres was in a relationship with fellow actor Osvaldo Rios around 1994.
- Aga Muhlach (1995-1998) – Dayanara first met Filipino actor Aga Muhlach on the sets of Basta’t Kasama Kita or As Long As I’m With You. They dated for almost four years before calling it quits.
- Marc Anthony (1999-2003) – The beautiful lady started dating American singer Marc Anthony in July 1999 and they got married in Las Vegas on May 9, 2000. They have two sons, Cristian Anthony Muñiz (b. February 5, 2001), and Ryan Anthony Muñiz (b. August 16, 2003). They had a rough marriage and separated in 2002 but they got together again and renewed their wedding vows in Puerto Rica in December 2002. The couple again separated in October 2003 and Dayanara filed for divorce in January 2004.
- Terrence Howard (2005-2006) – The former Miss Universe dated American actor Terrence Howard for some time in 2005.
- David Bisbal (2005) – Dayanara had an encounter with Spanish singer David Bisbal in 2005.
- Amaury Nolasco (2007-2008) – Puerto Rican actors Dayanara and Amaury Nolasco’s relationship came out into the public after the couple was seen together in Paris, kissing and cuddling each other. They soon confirmed their relationship but split in 2008.
- Louis D’Esposito – She was romantically involved with director Louis D’Esposito and they even got engaged before eventually parting ways.
Race / Ethnicity
Dayanara Torres is of Puerto Rican descent.
36-26-36 in or 91.5-66-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 5 (UK) or 38 (EU)
The former Miss Universe has done print ads and TV commercials for many products including Pantene, Vidal Sassoon, RayBan, among others.
Dayanara has done print ads for –
- Diet Coke (1995).
- Advil along with former Miss Universe Deborah Carthy-Deu, Marisol Malaret, and Denise Quinones.
- Clairol’s Hydrience hair color (2006).
The celebrity appeared in the following TV commercials –
- Banco Popular (1994)
- Mazda (1995)
- Budweiser (1998)
- I Love New York tourism council TV commercial (2002) with former husband Marc Anthony. The commercial was shot in Spanish and English.
- Clairol Hydrience TV commercials in English and Spanish in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico (2006).
After becoming Miss Universe, she became the UNICEF ambassador and traveled across Asia and Latin America for various campaigns.
Best Known For
Winning the Miss Universe contest held in Mexico in 1993.
The actor is also known for many Philippine and Puerto Rican movies including Linda Sara (1994), Basta’t Kasama Kita / As Long As We’re Together (1995), Hataw Na / Dance Now (1996), Type Kita Walang Kokontra / You Belong To Me (1998), and many more.
Dayanara is also noted for being a host for the ABS-CBN series ASAP.
She made her acting debut with the 1994 film Linda Sara in a starring role as Young Sara.
First TV Show
Dayanara made her television show debut with the romantic series Maalaala mo kaya in 1994 in an episode.
As a Singer
In 1998, Dayanara released (in the US) her first and only music album Antifaz in Puerto Rico. The album topped the Latin America and Philippines Billboard charts.
She stays fit by swimming and dancing.
Dayanara Torres Favorite Things
- Pastime – Horse Riding, Dancing, Swimming
Source – IMDb
Dayanara Torres Facts
- Dayanara is fluent in Spanish, English, and Tagalog languages.
She took voice lessons from Ryan Cayabyab.
She shares her birthday and city with actor Joaquin Phoenix.
- She was walking through Plaza de Toa Alta when she was first discovered at the age of 17 and was asked to represent Villalba in the Miss Puerto Rico annual pageant.
- In 1992, Dayanara became a semi-finalist at the Miss International pageant. She also came second at the Queen of the World contest that year.
- She is the founder of the Dayanara Torres Foundation which has been set up to provide scholarships to the deprived students living in Puerto Rico and the Philippines.
- In 1994, she was crowned Miss Universe in Manila. She sang a duet with Peabo Bryson titled A Whole New World at the event.
- In 1995, Dayanara became the first female Puerto Rican actor to win the Best New Female TV Personality award at the 10th PMPC Star Awards in the Philippines.
- A Dayanara doll (similar to a Barbie) was released in 1998. It received a phenomenal response and was sold out in both, Puerto Rico and the Philippines.
- She was cast as Elise Tomkins in the American television soap opera The Young and the Restless in 2005.
- From 2006 to 2007, she brought to life the character of Julia Rivera in the American television drama series Watch Over Me, an adaptation of the Argentine series Resistiré.
- While dealing with her divorce with singer Marc Anthony, she tried finding a self-help book and wrote one along with her sister Jeannette Torres when she could not find it. The book was titled Married To Me: How Committing to Myself Led To Triumph After Divorce.
- She was among the Most Beautiful People list of People’s Magazine in 2008.
- Alongside Lin-Manuel Miranda, Jaime Camil, Monica Steuer, and Mayra Matos Pérez, she co-starred as Yolanda in the 2013 romantic comedy film 200 Cartas (released worldwide as Looking for María Sánchez).
- She has been diagnosed with melanoma, a form of skin cancer.