Dayanara Torres Delgado
Yari, Dancing Queen
Villalba, Puerto Rico
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Dayanara completed her studies from El Colegio Santa Rosa in Bayamón, Puerto Rico.
She wanted to become an orthodontist but did not get a chance to attend college.
Actress, Singer, Model, Writer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Jose Torres (Older Brother), Joey Torres (Older Brother), Jeannette Torres (Younger Sister)
Her manager is not known.
Latin pop, dance
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dayanara Torres dated –
- Osvaldo Ríos (1994-1995) – Dayanara Torres was in a relationship with fellow actor Osvaldo Rios around 1994.
- Aga Muhlach (1995-1998) – Dayanara first met Filipino actor Aga Muhlach on the sets of Basta’t Kasama Kita or As Long As I’m With You. They dated for almost four years before calling it quits.
- Marc Anthony (1999-2003) – The beautiful lady started dating American singer Marc Anthony in July 1999 and they got married in Las Vegas on May 9, 2000. They have two sons, Cristian Anthony Muñiz (b. February 5, 2001), and Ryan Anthony Muñiz (b. August 16, 2003). They had a rough marriage and separated in 2002 but they got together again and renewed their wedding vows in Puerto Rica in December 2002. The couple again separated in October 2003 and Dayanara filed for divorce in January 2004.
- Terrence Howard (2005-2006) – The former Miss Universe dated American actor Terrence Howard for some time in 2005.
- David Bisbal (2005) – Dayanara had an encounter with Spanish singer David Bisbal in 2005.
- Amaury Nolasco (2007-2008) – Puerto Rican actors Dayanara and Amaury Nolasco’s relationship came out into public after the couple was seen together in Paris, kissing and cuddling each other. They soon confirmed their relationship but split in 2008.
Race / Ethnicity
36-26-36 in or 91.5-66-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
The former Miss Universe has done print ads and TV commercials for many products including Pantene, Vidal Sassoon, RayBan, among others.
Dayanara has done print ads for
- Diet Coke (1995).
- Advil along with former Miss Universe Deborah Carthy-Deu, Marisol Malaret, and Denise Quinones.
- Clairol’s Hydrience hair color (2006).
The celebrity appeared in following TV commercials –
- Banco Popular (1994)
- Mazda (1995)
- Budweiser (1998)
- I Love New York tourism council TV commercial (2002) with former husband Marc Anthony. The commercial was shot in Spanish and English.
- Clairol Hydrience TV commercials in English and Spanish in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico (2006).
After becoming Miss Universe, she became the UNICEF ambassador and traveled across Asia and Latin America for various campaigns.
Best Known For
Winning the Miss Universe contest held in Mexico in 1993.
The actress is also known for many Philippine and Puerto Rican movies including Linda Sara (1994), Basta’t Kasama Kita / As Long As We’re Together (1995), Hataw Na / Dance Now (1996), Type Kita Walang Kokontra / You Belong To Me (1998), and many more.
Dayanara is also noted for being a host for the ABS-CBN series ASAP.
She made her acting debut with 1994 film Linda Sara in a starring role as Young Sara.
First TV Show
Dayanara made her television show debut with romantic series Maalaala mo kaya in 1994 in an episode.
As a Singer
In 1998, Dayanara released (in the US) her first and only music album Antifaz in Puerto Rico. The album topped the Latin America and Philippines Billboard charts.
Dayanara does not have a personal trainer.
She stays fit by swimming and dancing.
Dayanara Torres Favorite Things
- Pastime – Horse Riding, Dancing, Swimming
Source – IMDb
Dayanara Torres Facts
- Dayanara is fluent in Spanish, English and Tagalog languages.
She took voice lessons from Ryan Cayabyab.
She shares her birth day and city with actor Joaquin Phoenix.
- She was walking through Plaza de Toa Alta when she was first discovered at the age of 17 and was asked to represent Villalba in the Miss Puerto Rico annual pageant.
- In 1992, Dayanara became a semi-finalist at the Miss International pageant. She also came second at the Queen of the World contest that year.
- She is the founder of the Dayanara Torres Foundation that has been set up to provide scholarships to the deprived students living in Puerto Rico and the Philippines.
- In 1994, she crowned the Miss Universe at Manila. She sang a duet with Peabo Bryson titled A Whole New World at the event.
- In 1995, Dayanara became the first and the only Puerto Rican actress to win the Best New Female TV Personality award at the 10th PMPC Star Awards in the Philippines.
- A Dayanara doll (similar to a Barbie) was released in 1998. It received a phenomenal response and was sold out in both, Puerto Rico and the Philippines.
- While dealing with her divorce with singer Marc Anthony, she tried finding a self-help book and wrote one along with her sister Jeannette Torres when she could not find it. The book was titled Married To Me: How Committing to Myself Led To Triumph After Divorce.
- She was among the Most Beautiful People list of People’s Magazine in 2008.
- Catch Dayanara on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.