|Ayesha Takia Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||April 10, 1982|
Ayesha Takia is an Indian actress known for portraying various important roles in popular movies like Wanted, Dil Maange More, Socha Na Tha, Yun Hota Toh Kya Hota, and Salaam-E-Ishq. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram, more than 500k followers on Twitter, and more than 700k followers on Facebook.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ayesha Takia went to the St Anthony’s Girls High School in Chembur.
Actress, Voice Actress, Model, Television Presenter
- Father – Nishith Takia
- Mother – Faridah Takia
- Siblings – Natasha Takia (Younger Sister)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ayesha Takia has dated –
- Siddharth Koirala (2005) – In the early months of 2005, Ayesha was reported to be going out with actor Siddharth Koirala, who is the brother of popular actress Manisha Koirala. However, their relationship didn’t last long as they separated by the summer of that year.
- Ashmit Patel – Takia is reported to have dated actor Ashmit Patel in the past. Some reports claimed that she ended her relationship with Ashmit after his and Riya Sen’s infamous MMS was leaked. However, these reports weren’t verified.
- Farhan Azmi (2005-Present) – The reports of Ayesha Takia dating restaurateur Farhan Azmi, who is also the son of high profile politician Abu Azmi, first surfaced in August 2005. They had been going out for a couple of months and she was regularly spotted at his plush restaurant, Koyla. They got married in a lavish wedding ceremony in March 2009. In December 2013, she gave birth to their first child, a son. In April 2014, she publicly supported her father-in-law, Abu Azmi for his controversial comments stating that rape victims should also be punished.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Gujarati ancestry and on her mother’s side, she has British and Maharashtrian ancestry.
- Voluptuous figure
- Cute smile
Ayesha Takia has been featured in the TV commercial for milk supplement, Complan in the past. Shahid Kapoor was also cast in the TV advert alongside her.
She was hired as the brand ambassador for Marico Ltd’s Hair & Care brand in 2007.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role opposite Salman Khan in the action drama movie, Wanted.
- Having been cast in important and leading roles in the Bollywood movies such as Dil Maange More, Socha Na Tha, Shaadi No. 1, Yun Hota Toh Kya Hota, and Salaam-E-Ishq.
In 2004, Ayesha made her theatrical film debut in the fantasy drama movie, Taarzan: The Wonder Car. She won a Filmfare award for the best debut for her work in the movie.
Ayesha Takia relies on her aerobics workout sessions to keep herself in the perfect shape. Her aerobics sessions usually last for around 2 hours. Apart from aerobics, she is also a huge fan of yoga, which she believes is essential for mental wellness and it enhances her natural beauty as well.
When it comes to her daily diet, she relies on her largely vegetarian diet, which she has further tweaked to become a vegan. She has nearly banished all carbs from her diet with rice and chapatis completely off the table. She tries to eat a lot of boiled vegetables. Ayesha also drinks a lot of vegetable and fruit juices throughout the day. She further keeps herself hydrated with coconut water.
Ayesha has also curtailed her dairy product consumption and has replaced her daily morning masala chai with cashew milk. She is also a big fan of other dairy-free alternatives like soy milk and cashew cheese. Her daily meals heavily include Mac and Cheese (with cashew cheese), khichdi and a couscous salad mixed with avocado salad.
Ayesha Takia Favorite Things
- Food Ingredient – Avocado
- Pakistani Artists – Ghulam Ali, Abida Parveen
- Actors – Aamir Khan, Johnny Depp, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan
- Actresses – Priyanka Chopra, Sridevi, Rani Mukerji
- Director – Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Movies – Lamhe (1991), Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)
- Fashion Brands – Zara, Mango, Fcuk, Diesel, Guess, G Star
- Perfumes – Armani Code by Giorgio Armani, 212 Sexy by Carolina Herrera, Cherie by Christian Dior, True Star by Tommy Hilfiger
- Places To Shop – Amsterdam, London, Italy, Malaysia, Singapore
- Desserts – Chocolates, Pastries
- Cuisines – Italian, Indian
Source – Mid Day, IMDb
Ayesha Takia Facts
- She has started her restaurant, Basilico, in Mumbai. Her restaurant mirrors her passion for vegan food and they use her family land in Bhiwandi to grow organic vegetables for the establishment.
- She is a member of the animal rights organization, PETA, and has done extensive activism and charity work for the foundation.
- She started her acting career at the age of 4 after she was cast in an advert for a local brand.
- If she hadn’t become an actress, she would have loved to become a travel show hostess as she would be able to pursue her love for traveling while staying in front of the camera.
- She first got widespread exposure after folk singer Falguni Pathak cast her in the music video of her song, Meri Chunar Udd Udd Jaye.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Ayesha Takia / Instagram