|Babar Azam Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||October 15, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Babar Azam is a Pakistani cricketer who is best known for his discipline and level-headed attitude. Besides that, his impressive performance also landed him #3rd place in the ODI ranking and at #1 in the T20I batsmen ranking. To add to his achievements, he as of 2019, was also the captain of Pakistan’s T20 International team and the vice-captain of its One Day Internationals team. With time, he has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 600k followers on Instagram and more than 1.5 million followers on Twitter.
Mohammad Babar Azam
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
- Father – Azam Siddique
- Siblings – Safeer Azam (Younger Brother)
Babar is represented by his Talha Aisham.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Punjabi Muslim descent.
- Cleft chin
- He has a beauty spot on his forehead.
- Brushes his hair backward
Babar Azam Favorite Things
- Century Made By Him – His first maiden century that he scored against West Indies on September 30, 2016, at Sharjah.
Source – Cricket Country
Babar Azam Facts
- He was raised in the Walled City of Lahore.
- Cricket comes naturally to him having being brought up around 3 international Pakistani cricketers Kamran, Adnan, and Umar Akmal.
- His first ODI match that he played on May 31, 2015, was against Zimbabwe.
- In September 2016, Babar made his Twenty20 International debut against England.
- During late September 2016, Babar earned his first-ever ODI series man of the match title after scoring a whopping 120 runs off 131 balls against the West Indies.
- He as of 2017, became the first batsman in the world to score the most runs, 1306 to be precise in the first 25 ODIs innings.
- In May 2018, Babar succumbed to a broken forearm and fractured wrist after being hit by a bouncer from English cricketer Ben Stokes. He was advised to rest for 4 to 6 weeks.
- He surpassed a former cricketer and coach Javed Miandad record of becoming the Pakistani player to reach 1,000 ODI runs in terms of innings in a calendar year.
- During the 2018 “Pakistan Super League” player draft, it was estimated that he had earned anywhere from $70, 000 to $85, 000.
- During the “2019–20 Quaid-e-Azam Trophy” Babar was chosen as the captain for the “Central Punjab” cricket team in September 2019.
- Along with his many achievements, he has also won PCB’s “ODI Player of the year: 2017,” ICC World ODI XI: 2017, and PCB’s “T20I Player of the year: 2018.”
- He holds the record for being the fastest batsman in the world to reach 7th ODI hundred, which, he achieved in 33 Innings.
- Babar is the only batsman in the history of ODI to score 5 consecutive centuries in one country.
- He was chosen to lead the Pakistan Under-19 cricket team for the “2012 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup.”
- Babar considers Indian cricketer Virat Kohli to be his idol.
- In the past, Babar slammed a Pakistani anchor Zainab Abbas for a line that he found very cheeky. He tweeted, “Think before u say something and don’t try to cross ur limits!!!”
Featured Image By Babar Azam / Instagram