|Barbi Benton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 28, 1950|
Barbi Benton is an American retired model, actress, songwriter, television personality, singer, and interior decorator who gained popularity with her appearances in Playboy magazine. She appeared as a 4-season regular on the television variety show, Hee Haw. In addition to that, she has also been cast in films like The Naughty Cheerleader (a.k.a. Mir hat es immer Spaß gemacht), The Third Girl from the Left, The Great American Beauty Contest, Hospital Massacre (a.k.a. X-Ray), and Deathstalker.
Barbara Lynn Klein
New York City, New York, United States
She divides her time between –
- Aspen, Colorado, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Barbi Benton studied at Rio Americano High School, a public high school in Arden-Arcade, California. She took a variety of lessons ranging from scuba diving to piano as well as some “tearoom modeling” during her school years.
After that, she got enrolled at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) to become a veterinarian but had to eventually give up that career option because she could not bear the sight of blood.
Retired Model, Actress, Songwriter, Television Personality, Singer, Interior Decorator
- Father – He was a gynecologist.
- Mother – She worked as an investment counselor.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Barbi Benton has dated –
- Hugh Hefner (1969-1976) – Between 1969 and 1976, she was in a relationship with Hugh Hefner, the founder and editor-in-chief of Playboy magazine. Irrespective of their relationship, she was never a ‘Playmate of the Month’. Also, the duo had an age difference of more than 20 years.
- George Gradow (1979-Present) – On October 14, 1979, she got married to real estate developer George Gradow and they have been blessed with 2 children – a son named Alexander Benton Gradow (b. August 23, 1986) and a daughter named Ariana Gradow (b. 1988).
Race / Ethnicity
- Forehead bangs
- Curvy physique
She was raised in a Jewish family.
Barbi Benton Facts
- She spent her childhood years growing up in Sacramento.
- She was 16 years old when she started modeling.
- At the age of 18, Barbi Benton started working with Playboy.
- It was Hugh Hefner who convinced her to change her name from Barbara Klein to the more “marketable” Barbi Benton. On the other hand, she was the one who convinced Hefner to buy the Playboy Mansion in Holmby Hills in 1974.
- She appeared on the cover of Playboy 4 times in July 1969, March 1970, May 1972, and December 1985.
- Barbi Benton starred as Susan Jeremy in the 1982 slasher film, Hospital Massacre.
- She co-starred as Princess Codille in the Argentine-American fantasy adventure film, Deathstalker, in 1983.
- In the 1980s, she retired from show business to focus on her children’s upbringing.
- In the 1999 television biographical drama film, Hefner: Unauthorized, Barbi Benton was portrayed by Rebecca Herbst.
- Her credits as a musician include having released albums like Barbi Doll, Ain’t That Just the Way, Something New, Barbi Benton, and Kinetic Voyage.
Featured Image by ABC Television / eBay / Public Domain