|Hirsh Vardhan Singh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 13, 1985|
Hirsh Vardhan Singh is an American aeronautical engineer who entered the national spotlight after announcing his presidential bid for the 2024 U.S. presidential election as a Republican candidate.
Hirsh Vardhan Singh
Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States
Linwood, New Jersey, United States
Hirsh Vardhan Singh received his primary education from Galloway Township Public Schools after which, he attended the Egg Harbor Township High School located in South Jersey.
He went on to study at the New Jersey Institute of Technology and graduated in 2009 with a bachelor’s degree in engineering with a concentration in tissue engineering and material science.
- Siblings – He has 1 older sibling and 1 younger sibling.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
However, his hair has turned salt-and-pepper due to his advancing age.
- Striking smile
- Wavy hair
- He has a reputation for being volatile.
Hirsh Vardhan Singh Facts
- He is a second-generation immigrant as his parents moved from India to the United States to pursue the American Dream.
- Hirsh Vardhan announced his presidential bid on July 28, 2023, and became the third Republican candidate of Indian origin to declare his candidacy for the 2024 U.S. Presidential election. Earlier in the year, the former South Carolina governor Nikki Haley and millionaire entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, both of Indian origin, had also announced their intention to run for the Republican Party’s nomination to be a presidential candidate in 2024.
- His first brush with politics took place in 2017 when he became a governor candidate for the Republican primary. He reportedly received a $1 million donation from his father but managed to secure a measly 9.9% of the votes and finished in third place.
- In 2003, Hirsh Vardhan was awarded the ‘Aviation Ambassador’ award by the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
- In 2021, he tried his luck again in the Republican primaries for the governor of New Jersey. However, Hirsh Vardhan ranked third in the nomination race, while Jack Ciattarelli secured the nomination. Furthermore, he had also campaigned for a House seat in 2018 and for the Senate in 2020 albeit, without any success.
- His name, Hirsh Vardhan Singh literally translates to ‘a lion who nurtures joy’. Furthermore, his last name means ‘lion’ in Hindi and he has used a lion’s head as his campaign symbol.
- He caught nationwide media attention after naming himself as the “only pureblood candidate” since he had refused to take the COVID-19 vaccine during the pandemic. Moreover, he has been described pejoratively as “Trump on steroids”.
- Hirsh Vardhan was born on the same date as several Hollywood personalities such as William H. Macy, Common, Dana Delany, Emile Hirsch, Noel Fisher, Kaya Scodelario, Danny Masterson, and many others.
- He has described himself as a ‘lifelong Republican’ and ‘America First’ conservative. Moreover, his political ideology is aligned with that of Donald Trump‘s, whom Singh described as ‘the greatest President of my lifetime’.
Featured Image by Hirsh Vardhan Singh / Twitter