|Dana Delany Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 13, 1956|
Dana Delany is an American actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Colleen McMurphy in China Beach, Sarah Ashby McClure in True Women, and Catherine McAllister in Pasadena. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Where the River Runs Black, Patty Hearst, Light Sleeper, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Fly Away Home, Route 30, Multiple Sarcasms, Freelancers, Literally, Right Before Aaron, Love of Life, A Winner Never Quits, Magnum, P.I., Thirtysomething, Wild Palms, Wing Commander Academy, The Patron Saint of Liars, Battlestar Galactica, Firebreather, Hand of God, and many more. For her acting skills, Dana has been honored with numerous awards such as the Primetime Emmy Award, Viewers for Quality Television Award, and PRISM Award.
Dana Welles Delany
New York City, New York, United States
Dana Delany went to the Phillips Academy in Andover. She completed her high school education from the academy in 1974 with the academic honor of “cum laude.”
She then got enrolled at Wesleyan University and graduated in 1978 with a major in theater.
Actress and producer
- Father – Jack Delany
- Mother – Mary Delany
- Siblings – Sean Delany (Older Brother), Corey Delany (Younger Sister)
Dana Delany is signed up with PMK*BNC.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
62 kg or 137 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dana Delany has dated –
- Dave Holmes – Dana Delany is reported to have dated actor Dave Holmes. The relationship has been hinted upon by both the persons in different parties.
- Robert Blake – In her appearance on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen, she revealed that she had gone out on a date with actor Robert Blake, who was accused of murdering his second wife, Bonnie Lee Bakley and was later acquitted of the charges.
- John Kerry – Delany reportedly went out on a date with US senator and former United States Secretary of State, John Kerry. She had met Kerry at a veterans’ event in Washington.
- Don Henley – Dana had a short-lived affair with former Eagles drummer, Don Henley in the 80s.
- Treat Williams (1981-1984) – Dana started going out with actor Treat Williams in 1981. They went out for about three years before going separate ways in 1984. Their breakup was amicable and they even worked as co-stars two years later in the TV series, Magnum, P.I.
- James Wood (1985) – Dana went out with actor James Wood for a couple of months in 1985. She would later compliment his manhood in an interview.
- John Sacret Young (1990-1992) – Dana was John Sacret Young’s first choice for her role in the TV series, China Beach. According to reports, she developed a close bond with the executive producer of the show and by 1990, they had started dating. Their relationship became public after she attended a number of red carpet events together. However, about two years after the start of their relationship, they decided to go separate ways on good terms.
- Henry Czerny (1994-1997) – Delany started dating Canadian actor Henry Czerny in the last months of 1994. They had grown close while shooting the TV movie, Choices of the Heart: The Margaret Sanger Story. They made their first public appearance shortly after the release of the movie. They decided to end their relationship in 1997 after being together for around 3 years. They also reportedly got engaged while they were together.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish and English ancestry.
Her natural hair color is believed to be ‘Dark Brown’.
- Red hair
- Free spirited nature
- Sense of humor
37-26-35 in or 94-66-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
In 1983, she appeared opposite Tom McBride in the TV commercial for Wisk Detergent.
She has also served as the spokesperson for the supplement company, Caltrate. She headlined their Women Move the World Campaign, which aimed to honor women and their contributions.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Colleen McMurphy in Vietnam War-based TV series, China Beach. She managed to win two Primetime Emmy Awards for her work in the drama
- Playing the role of Katherine Mayfair on the ABC comedy-drama series, Desperate Housewives.
In 1981, she made her first film appearance in a minor role in the horror film, The Fan.
First TV Show
In 1978, Dana made her TV show debut in the American soap opera, Ryan’s Hope for her role as Ryan’s bar patron.
After being diagnosed with hyperparathyroidism, which is an overactivity of the parathyroid gland that often leads to calcium deficiency, she decided to lead a healthy lifestyle. She made it a point to exercise on a daily basis.
Her preferred workout routine is yoga. She usually prefers to go for yoga classes, however, if she has a very tight work schedule, she often gets her yoga done in her room. Her yoga classes are usually scheduled for the morning.
She also likes to climb on the treadmill and walk at a moderate speed. She usually grabs free weight to make sure that she gets a better cardio workout. To keep it interesting and fun, she keeps varying her treadmill workouts.
Going by her motto of “exercising more and eating less”, she makes sure that she is watching what she is eating. Dana consumes her favorite dark chocolate and red wine in a limited dose. Due to her gluten intolerance, she completely avoids bread and pasta. She eats a lot of protein with her preferred protein sources being tofu and fish. To cut out bloating, she has swapped cow’s milk with sheep or goat’s milk. Plus, she eats a lot of vegetables.
Dana Delany Favorite Things
- Dark Chocolate Brand – Vosges
- Dark Chocolate Flavor – Black pearl, which has black sesame seeds, wasabi, and ginger
- TV Shows – Mad Men (2007-2015), 30 Rock (2006-2013)
- 2016 Movie – A Bigger Splash
- Movie – Emmanuelle (1974)
Source – Everyday Health, IMDb, Twitter
Dana Delany Facts
- During her college days, she struggled with eating issues. Sometimes, she used to starve herself and then, there were days when she used to indulge in binge eating. On some days, all she would eat in a day was an apple and a piece of toast.
- In 1991 and 2011, the People magazine named her to the list comprising of 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- During her early struggling days in the 1970’s, she used to work as a cocktail waitress in New York City for financial stability.
- She was offered the iconic role of Carrie Bradshaw in the TV series, Sex and the City. However, she turned it down and Sarah Jessica Parker was hired instead.
- She auditioned for the role of Jade Butterfield in Endless Love and had even managed to get the part, only to be turned down by the director as she wasn’t a big star.
- In the mid-1990s, she was inducted into the board of the Scleroderma Research Foundation. Since then, she has campaigned to gather support to find a cure for the disease.
- She has participated in the TV show Celebrity Jeopardy in 2001, 2006, and 2009 with the proceeds from her appearance going to scleroderma research.
- Dana serves as a board member for a non-profit organization, Creative Coalition, which works to advocate arts and public education. In 2009, she was made the co-president of the organization along with Tim Daly.
- She is a fierce advocate of LGBT causes and has attended numerous events organized by the Gay and Lesbian Alliance against Defamation.
- She is a big supporter of Planned Parenthood, which is a nonprofit entity that works to impart reproductive health care, including assistance in discreet abortions.
- In 2003, she had a minor medical accident when a botox injection hit a nerve in her forehead leading to a bruise and slight damage to muscle in the right eye, which led to slight drooping of the eyelid in that eye.
- She was initially considered for the role of Bree Van de Kamp for the TV show, Desperate Housewives. However, that role went to her friend Marcia Cross after she turned it down and Dana was later signed up for the role of Katherine Mayfair.
- She has the unique distinction of having provided the voice for two superhero girlfriends. She was the voice of Andrea Beaumont in Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (1993) and of Lois Lane in Superman (1996).
- Apart from English, she can speak Gaeilge, which is the traditional language used by Irish people.
I have always liked Dana, she was great in China Beach. She is so beautiful and real lovely lady. Dana is a couple of inches taller than me she also outweighs me by quite a bit! (more than 30 pounds!!!)
Have watch her in tombstone, one of the better western today style and elegance,