|Ben Shapiro Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||January 15, 1984|
Ben Shapiro is an American political commentator who has written columns for Creators Syndicate and Newsweek and is the editor-in-chief for The Daily Wire. A self-proclaimed opinion journalist, he has published 10 books from 2004 to 2019.
Benjamin Aaron Shapiro
Burbank, Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ben was a brilliant student in high school and skipped the 3rd and 9th grade. He studied at Walter Reed Middle School and graduated at the age of 16 from Yeshiva University High School of Los Angeles (YULA) in 2000.
He attained a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts (Political Science) from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in 2004. Ben graduated summa cum laude and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa academic honor society.
Shapiro graduated cum laude from Harvard Law School in 2007.
Political Commentator, Public Speaker, Author, Lawyer, Editor-in-Chief of The Daily Wire website, Podcast Host
- Father – David Shapiro (Composer, Novelist)
- Mother – She is an executive at a TV company.
- Siblings – Abigail Shapiro (Younger Sister) (Soprano/Opera Singer, Make-up Artist, Blogger, YouTuber)
- Others – Nathan Mayer Shapiro (Paternal Grandfather), Eileen Kaplan (Paternal Grandmother), Susan Shapiro Wilson aka Suzie (Paternal Aunt) (Expired due to Breast Cancer), Daniel Ben Wilson (Paternal Cousin) (Former Actor), Jonathan Wilson (Paternal Cousin), Joel Wilson (Paternal Cousin), Mara Wilson (Paternal Cousin) (Actress), Anna Wilson (Paternal Cousin) (Artist)
Ben is represented by Jeremy Daniel Boreing, Executive Producer of The Ben Shapiro Show Podcast and co-founder of The Daily Wire.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ben Shapiro has dated –
- Mor Toledano (2007–Present) – Ben got engaged to doctor Mor Toledano in 2007 and the couple got married in 2008. Ben and Mor have a daughter named Leeya Eliana Shapiro (b. 2014) and a son (b. 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Ashkenazi Jewish, Polish, Belarusian, and Lithuanian ancestry.
- Square facial shape
- Deep-set eyes with thick eyebrows
Ben Shapiro Favorite Things
- Movie – The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
- Movie Quotes – “I was not going to stand by and see another Marine die just to live by those f—ing rules.” – Rules of Engagement (2000), “There is some good in the world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for.” – The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)
- Guilty Pleasure – Watching Wipeout game show
- Canceled Or Concluded TV Shows – Lost (2004–2010), V (2009–2011), Firefly (2002–2003)
- Sports Team – Chicago White Sox (Baseball)
- Retired Baseball player – Oswaldo José Guillén Barrios aka Ozzie Guillen
Ben Shapiro Facts
- He learned to play the violin at a very young age and performed at the Israel Bonds banquet in 1996 when he was 12 years old.
- Ben got interested in politics at the age of 16 and started a nationally syndicated column at the age of 17. By the time he turned 21, he was a published author of 2 books.
- The author frequently faces death threats that compelled the FBI to arrest a person in May 2019. A private security detail often accompanies Ben to all his public appearances.
- He ends all his public speaking events with an elaborate Q&A session that may last up to 90 minutes and particularly encourages questions by those with an opposing viewpoint than his own.
- After practicing law at Goodwin Proctor LLP for nearly 5 years, Shapiro became an independent legal consultant in 2012.
- In March 2019, Podtrac ranked Ben Shapiro’s podcast as the 2nd most popular in the United States.
- In April 2018, Westwood One started syndicating The Ben Shapiro Show podcast to radio stations and a year later the company confirmed that it was aired on more than 200 radio stations that covered 9 of the top 10 markets. Shapiro’s growing reach is attributed to the increasing popularity of his content with the 18-49 demographics of the United States.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0